cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Restricted my account

Yesterday I checked my email and i had 40+ messages from Ebay that were the cancelation of my auctions. So I log onto my account and under messages it states that my account was restricted because it was linked to another account. I had no idea what they were talking about. So I called my oldest son who is computer savy and he said that today he contacted ebay to cancel his account because he could not do it. He said his account was restricted because of inventory mishaps on his part. He had to cancel orders for items that he didn't have to something of that effect. I asked him why Ebay would even think we were linked. His only reason was his cell number was on my account for back up. I don't have a cell phone and he did help me set up my account. Other then that. Nothing else is linked to me. It's under my name, address, home phone, and bank account. So he is coming over to help me talk to ebay to resolve this issue. I feel this is very unprofessional of a big company of ebay to not even make the effort to contact me. I am a disabled retiree and this money helps me out.

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Good luck.  Hope you can get this worked out.

The good side in dealing on a platform that is as world-wide HUGE as eBay is, is that our potential buying audience is also HUGE.  The brick & mortar store is only visited by the locals, but on eBay our stores and listings may be seen by the whole country/world.

The down side of dealing with a platform this HUGE is that... so, so, so much of the work is done by bots and unseen by human eyes, or assessments made by bots and lists sent for human hands to close out without question, without even seeing anything to even question about the order.

Hope this is an easy one to straighten out... 

Message 2 of 73
latest reply

Why does being a disabled retiree have anythining to do with it?

Message 3 of 73
latest reply

Paulie - 

You really need to get off this kick.

You screwed up, and now your account, and everyone who is associated to your account, has been shut down.

I hear there's a river where you can sell your shenanigans...

Message 4 of 73
latest reply

My immediate thought as well, especially when I heard the phrase "disabled retiree' again. Bet he regrets that thread now.  Bragging how he would just start up another account, currently using his sisters, and wishing another poster terminally ill, etc. eBay employees must watch this board more than we know. Yikes.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 6 of 73
latest reply

Whenever you allow anyone access to your ebay account, you are taking a risk.

Those accounts will be linked, one suspended all linked accounts will be found sooner or later and be suspended as well.

In addition this can cause problems with your PP account if you are not careful. Any money owed.

Your son caused the problem, I wouldn't trust him to mow my lawn.:(

Message 7 of 73
latest reply

@klassic*kids wrote:

My immediate thought as well, especially when I heard the phrase "disabled retiree' again. Bet he regrets that thread now.  Bragging how he would just start up another account, currently using his sisters, and wishing another poster terminally ill, etc. eBay employees must watch this board more than we know. Yikes.

What are you talking about?

Message 8 of 73
latest reply

@plumbingspecials wrote:

Paulie - 

You screwed up, and now your account, and everyone who is associated to your account, has been shut down.

Why are you being rude?

Message 9 of 73
latest reply

Yes I called him to see what was going on. We called ebay and he handled the call after I gave them authorization. I put the rep on speaker phone. So from what he told me. The rep said it was a guilty by association. They said he had to fix his account and had to email ebay for an appeal. The rep said the only thing he saw was that

@muttlymob wrote:

This wouldn't happen to be your son, would it?

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Ebay-shut-me-downfrom-selling-forever/m-p/27118267#M985757

what made the accounts linked was our last name. Like I said. Everything is under my name. Not his. He doesn't live with me. It had nothing to do with who used who's computer. In fact my son just wanted his account canceld. This is when this whole mess started. They pretty much accused him of trying to use a back door. If that was the case he could just use his girlfriends info. Just have to wait and see what ebay says.

Message 10 of 73
latest reply

@sumric wrote:

Why does being a disabled retiree have anythining to do with it?

Because like I stated. SS doesn't give you a lot. And the extra money helps me out. No need to be disrespectful. This is supposed to be a community where we help eachother. Not to post rude comments. Shame on you.

Message 11 of 73
latest reply

@plumbingspecials wrote:

Paulie - 

Don't think this is paulie.     Location is off.

Speaking of Paulie...............   no Paulie posts?????

Message 12 of 73
latest reply

@nerdicaltees

I am talking about what traspired on this thread the other day here:  http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Ebay-shut-me-downfrom-selling-forever/m-p/27118267#M985757

If he is not your son it must be some big coincidence and a misunderstanding here.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 13 of 73
latest reply

One of your prior post 2-17 complains about ebay asking you to confirm your account.

If I am not mistaken, that is probably when you where linked together.

*Someone* was probably listing on ebay via your computer.

Ebay has more than one way to link accounts, not just your IP addy.

Message 14 of 73
latest reply

That's my son. He's not using my daughters ebay account. She wouldn't let him. In the end it's not about him. It's about me. Ebay should not be holding what my son did or said liable for shutting down my account. It seems like they are taking it out on me because they can't do anything to him. Very immature on their part.

Message 15 of 73
latest reply