cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Refunds Buyer After Sending Items Twice

Sold 2 cutter blades for engraving machine on Aug 12, 2017. Mailed from local Post Office like always. Buyer emailed me several days later claiming to not have received items. Told him would resend again with Tracking Information. Buyer Filed complaint with eBay claiming to not have received Items. Re- sent on Aug 28, 2017. Buyer received on Aug 30, 2017. Submitted claim for refund, stating cutter blades were used and not packaged properly. eBay refund his money and changed me. So he has 4 new cutters blades and his money too. Have been selling engraving supplies for 25 years on eBay without ever having one lost, damaged, or claim filed again me. I wouldn’t even know where to get used cutters as all we stock is new items. Has sold over 100 of these cutters since the first of this year already. Oh yeah of course he left Negative feedback. Claiming I was a liar and thief. So, going to hire a local lawyer where he lives and sue him for slander. Nice to see eBay just listens to buyers and seems to forget there are a lot of crooks and rip-off people who run scams every day on eBay Sellers. Where is our protection?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Sorry to say it but you were scammed and as sellers we just have to take the loss and move on. We agree to eBay policies so hiring a local lawyer to sue the buyer won't do any good. Sadly its far to easy to scam eBay sellers and get free goods. You have no protection as a seller you can only send all your items tracked with POD if buyers raises claim then step and provide eBay the tracking info. You could try calling eBay several times on the negative feedback, show them the POD and see if one of the reps will remove it for you. Unlikely but worth a try. We all get stung by these online thieves its the cost of doing business. Frankly its wrong to steal someone elses goods online or anywhere else & I don't know how some of these scammers sleep well at night.  But we are told we have to accept it as business, take the loss and move on. Make sure you block his ID. Never send items twice when you know you've already shipped the first time around correctly they are just going to scam you.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Just contacted eBay appeals department about this issue and they decided to refund my money. They agreed in this case that the buyer did recieve the items and his claim the second set sent out were used, could not be verified over the phone. It's seem's it is a "Scam" as he also was refunded his purchase price. eBay told me they pay us directly and do not go after the buyer to get their money they refund him already. Sound like a losing deal for ebay and not very smart. If they ever want to stop this loop hole scam. My concern was the lack of contact from ebay to me about the buyers second complaint. They also removed the negitive feed back as he recieved a full refund and has no right to post any feed back.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

ebay CS will say anything to get an angry seller of the phone.  The we will refund you your loss is just one common ones.  If you don't see the money within minutes of you getting off the phone, you were lied to.  The removal of the neg was just to placate you.

And I would never list an item worth over a $1,000 on ebay with a 27 recent selling feedback id.  In fact, I would never list a $1,000 item on ebay - period.  As you have seen, it is way too easy to get scammed as a seller here.

(*Bleep*)
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Very pleased to hear the money came back to you and the neg was removed. They should make it impossible for a scammer to leave a neg once hes had his money back.  Seems worth it to call eBay every time for these cases if you have POD etc.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply