cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay - Please stop micro-managing our selling practices!

I've been selling on ebay for 20 years.  I know how I like to do my listings.  I was doing a bunch of relists on items that were not listed as "or best offer" and ebay changed their defaults so that it automatically relisted my items as "or best offer."  I didn't realize until random best offers started coming through.  Puzzled, I looked back and saw what had happened.  My prices are calculated for buy it now without best offers.  Sometimes I will adjust them lower on relists, sometimes not.  I set them at the least I am willing to take, so if I were to do "or best offers" which I don't because I don't like spending the time to respond to them, then I would be setting my prices higher so that people would offer what I really wanted for my items.  I don't play that game.  I don't care if other people reading this post think it is a better way to sell, that's not the point of this post.  The point is, I don't think ebay should be micro-managing our listings.  Most of us know what "or best offer" is.  We don't need it forced upon us and it is a pain in the butt to go through and have to take the time to adjust every listing to now take that off.  Ebay leave our listings alone and at the discretion of the seller.  Please let us sell the way we have successfully for years.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Ebay - Please stop micro-managing our selling practices!

@greengorn wrote:  Please let us sell the way we have successfully for years.

Has ebay heard the voice of manny sellers complain of dismal sale numbers?

EBay has responded with in their view are some helpful solutions designed to increase your sale numbers. 

Are you as successful now as you have been in the past?

Disregard or remove, what ebay has put in place, that is not of your liking.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

No, no and no. But they still get their money from you.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@comicsun wrote:

And sellers still get their money from their buyers.

Nothing wrong there.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

One of the community managers here, either Brian or Trinton stated that they found they were able to increase sales by 10% by forcing best offer on everyone, so to them it's justified no matter how much the other 90% hate it and can't stand it.

All hail ebay with their infinite wisdom on what is best for everyone! Smiley HappySmiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Minus 10% including the of the shipping cost. Are you kidding me? Do you know how hard it is to even get Thirty percent profit.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

It's THEIR listing all the way up to the point there's a problem....Then it's all you bud.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@greengorn wrote:

I've been selling on ebay for 20 years.  I know how I like to do my listings.  I was doing a bunch of relists on items that were not listed as "or best offer" and ebay changed their defaults so that it automatically relisted my items as "or best offer."  I didn't realize until random best offers started coming through.  Puzzled, I looked back and saw what had happened.  My prices are calculated for buy it now without best offers.  Sometimes I will adjust them lower on relists, sometimes not.  I set them at the least I am willing to take, so if I were to do "or best offers" which I don't because I don't like spending the time to respond to them, then I would be setting my prices higher so that people would offer what I really wanted for my items.  I don't play that game.  I don't care if other people reading this post think it is a better way to sell, that's not the point of this post.  The point is, I don't think ebay should be micro-managing our listings.  Most of us know what "or best offer" is.  We don't need it forced upon us and it is a pain in the butt to go through and have to take the time to adjust every listing to now take that off.  Ebay leave our listings alone and at the discretion of the seller.  Please let us sell the way we have successfully for years.

I agree. If ebay was doing their job properly 1) fix search 2) advertise 3) fix site glitches etc. then sellers could do their jobs. Instead ebay has adopted a "race to the bottom" mentality instead of focusing on the real issues in which they are paid to take care of.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@comicsun wrote:

They are getting a heck of a lot less from a lot of people.

The person at the top of the mountain didn't just fall there, just hope he actually climbed up.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

They're gonna suck this teet till it's DRY....watch!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply