cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Motors Guaranteed Fit Video appears to have been added to several of our listings?

Ebay Motors Guaranteed Fit Video appears to have been added by ebay to several of our motors listings at the second picture?  Cannot be removed when editing the listing.  Are we the only ones, what purpose does the video serve on every listing in ebay motors even when we do not have the applicable models listed? 

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Ebay Motors Guaranteed Fit Video appears to have been added to several of our listings?

I can confirm its happened to me.  I had it appear in a listing for a tire cover with no applicable models listed.  It fits tires of a certain size, oversize actually, as no vehicle would come standard with that size.  I have no idea what they think they are accomplishing, other than another example of trying to make things better and actually making them worse.  

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

We have the same issue and it is so inconvenient. Ebay motors guarantees something which they are unable actually to guarantee since VIN is the only option to guarantee fitting. But this 45 sec. video guarantees fitting by encouraging buyers simply to add model and the year of the car?  It is really insane and it is going to hurt a lot of businesses. 

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

I just checked my active listings and its not appearing with all ebay motors listings.  It seems to be only certain categories, but not necessarily consistent with every category where "fit" would be an issue.      

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

It's on all listings in Parts & Accessories and will be forever.

Why in the world would you NOT have the 'specific' cars the item fits; detailed in the listing? 

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

For my listings, not everything is obvious, even with a VIN. 

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

@supercharger-parts wrote:

For my listings, not everything is obvious, even with a VIN. 

According to EVERYTHING you sell; it's ALL fits, or is used on a PARTICULAR vehicle. 

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

The corporate mindset believes sales will increase via adding more window dressing.

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

Well if the dealers don't know until it's taken apart and it varies from vehicle to vehicle for at least one particular model year, then how am I supposed to know?  Or how about the ones that can be swapped, but if someone buys used and does not know it was swapped with a vehicle that had a different engine size, how will I know the bearings are different?  There are some variables for the items I sell that we can't guarantee unless the item has been taken apart first. 

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

omg i was just browsing cars and this video...

It is absolutely not going to help sales, it is distracting, has nothing to do with the vehicle for sale and to be quite honest I thought the seller must've mucked up their listing by sticking something dumb in place of where they should've put more photos.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

As a buyer this is total crap.  I could not even find a way to contact them to tell them it's crap

hopefully some marketing person gets fired over this. 

I know what I want to buy and I want to see pics of the stuff.  Not some lame marketing video. 

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Yep, same here.

It just starting appearing (and, it seems very random on listings).

I have even seen it on listings where the part sold, and, the buyer did not enter any information about thier vehicle. I am pretty sure seing this video in a listing from a buyers perspective gives them a sense that if the part does not fit (even if it is the buyers mistake "with no vehicle infromation entered", they are guaranteed fitment from ebay or can be fully refunded).

Shawn

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Wondering if there is a possible connection with the following? 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/You-lose-all-control-over-your-Promoted-Listings-to-Ebay-in-Ju... 

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Exactly! I guess ebay knows the application for every part listed? Which means the informed buyer, who is looking for that particular special vintage part, must not? Really? How did the verification of sneakers and baseball cards, etc, go? The video is not helpful. It just gives the unscrupulous buyer the opportunity to say ebay says it it doesn't fit!

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

@supercharger-parts wrote:

Well if the dealers don't know until it's taken apart and it varies from vehicle to vehicle for at least one particular model year, then how am I supposed to know?  Or how about the ones that can be swapped, but if someone buys used and does not know it was swapped with a vehicle that had a different engine size, how will I know the bearings are different?  There are some variables for the items I sell that we can't guarantee unless the item has been taken apart first. 

All cars can have 'swapped' items but that has NO BEARING on what you sell or how the 'Guaranteed Fit' works.

You (and eBay) is Guaranteeing that the item fits a 'stock vehicle as it came from the factory'. 

The dealers DO know what came from the factory, so that is all that matters. 

Message 15 of 30
latest reply