cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay ID without paypal AT ALL?

I know ebay moved to managed payments so as a seller, they are handling my $

but, buyers can still use paypal to pay for items they buy (and then it goes into managed paymts acct)

I want to cut paypal completely out of the process

is there anyway to stop buyers from using it to pay and only allow them to use a CC?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Ebay ID without paypal AT ALL?

No, there is not.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

@purchase1212 wrote:

is there anyway to stop buyers from using it to pay and only allow them to use a CC?

No.

eBay has an incentive to give the buyer more payment options, not to restrict their options

One of the benefits of managed payments (from eBay's perspective) is that it takes this sort of decision out of the seller's hands.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Yes a buyer can still use PP but you as a seller will not interact with PayPal, just Managed Payments.

Buyers can use Apple Pay, Google Pay, PP and others, why would you not want all options for customers?

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

The answer is NO.   But why would you want to?

Why would it matter to you HOW the buyer pays?   It all goes in to your managed payments.

Why would you want to cut out one of the methods of payment your customers have?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

@purchase1212 wrote:

I know ebay moved to managed payments so as a seller, they are handling my $

but, buyers can still use paypal to pay for items they buy (and then it goes into managed paymts acct)

I want to cut paypal completely out of the process

No. Realistically, they are not paying you directly anyway; they're paying eBay, and then eBay is turning the funds over to you. 

Buyers can also make purchases via PayPal but using a credit card as their funding source, so I'm not sure whether you would call that a PayPal purchase or a CC purchase, but in any event, you cannot exclude one or the other when in Managed Payments, and I don't think there is any way for you to tell how the purchase was funded anyway.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Because PAYPAL is not allowing us to sell knives anymore.  NONE.

I still have a few I want to sell and they just limited my account until I deleted them ALL

Even on my own website that takes paypal

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

I don't think Paypal has any authority to tell you what you are allowed to list on Ebay.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Tell payNOTMYpal to take a flying leap! Just remove paypal as an option on your knife listings & then tell to to eat dirt! 

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

@purchase1212 wrote:

I still have a few I want to sell and they just limited my account until I deleted them ALL

You are enrolled in Managed Payments.

If a buyer pays using their Paypal account, the payment goes to eBay's Paypal account.

Your Paypal account is no longer receiving payments for anything sold on eBay.

If your Paypal account is limited because you are selling knives, that is an issue between Paypal & your own website.  It really has nothing to do with eBay.

Paypal's Acceptable Use Policy (for your website issue):
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_US

Managed Payments Restricted / Prohibited Items (for your eBay account):

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/managed-payments-restricted-items-policy?id=5009...

eBay's Restricted / Prohibited Items policy (for your eBay account):

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/prohibited-restricted-items?id=4207

------------------------------------------------------------

Have you switched to using your Managed Payments pending funds to pay for your eBay shipping labels?

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Unfortunately, that is not the case.  I received two emails.  One for my site and one for ebay: 

Excerpt from the ebay email:

- Remove those items from https://www.ebay.com/usr/purchase1212 that violate PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. Example/s: MTECH HUNTING KNIFE w/ gut hook m-tech 

Apparently, even though managed payments 'bypasses' paypal, if a buyer used paypal to pay, then paypal is involved in the transaction. 

Paypal put the limitation on my account so I cannot access funds or pay for anything using it

so, they are the 800lb gorilla in this scenario

(oh, and I do have ebay pending funds for labels) 

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

@purchase1212 wrote:

Unfortunately, that is not the case.  I received two emails.  One for my site and one for ebay: 

Excerpt from the ebay email:

- Remove those items from https://www.ebay.com/usr/purchase1212 that violate PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. Example/s: MTECH HUNTING KNIFE w/ gut hook m-tech 

Apparently, even though managed payments 'bypasses' paypal, if a buyer used paypal to pay, then paypal is involved in the transaction. 

Paypal put the limitation on my account so I cannot access funds or pay for anything using it

so, they are the 800lb gorilla in this scenario

(oh, and I do have ebay pending funds for labels) 

Oh, Paypal notified eBay of the violation & eBay passed the message on to you.

There is no way for a Managed Payments seller to eliminate Paypal as a payment method for buyers.

You will have to end the eBay listings that were cited.

eBay can eliminate American Express as a MP payment method from individual listings because AMEX prohibits the item.  It's a shame that they can't do the same for items that violate the PP AUP, but are permitted by eBay / MP.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Actually, I stated it wrong that ebay messaged me.  they did not.  all messages came directly from paypal.  

and, you are right, there isn't an option for me to exclude paypal as a payment option. 

when I spoke to paypal CS, they said NO WEAPONS.  

I did delete the items and had to swear to paypal I wouldn't list them again (affadavit) on the limitations resolutions page.  

Guess my only option now is a website that does not have paypal as a payment provider.   

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

I hope a lawyer would chime in as last time I checked EXTORTION is ILLEGAL.

You are saying they held your money hostage till you signed an agreement to not sell knives?

**bleep** are they to HOLD MONEY HOSTAGE to force you to not sell a LEGAL product.

Have you talked to ebay about this? If its allowed on ebay I dont think ebay will be happy paypal is costing them sales!

There has to be someone to investigate this.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@purchase1212 wrote:

They haven't allowed them for awhile.

Have a great day
Message 15 of 20
latest reply