cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Classifieds

I've been trying to figure out how to post an ebay classified ad for the $9.95 a month fee. I'm not referring to close5 but to the ad that would show nationwide. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Ebay Classifieds

The $9.95 fee is PER LISTING, not per month.  Are you sure you want to pay $9.95 to get inquiries? ~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Classifieds

Yes, I knew it was per listing. We just wanted to list a car personally. This isn't business related. Can't figure out how to do it though. All the instructions I find seem to be outdated. Thanks.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Classifieds

You are looking at the wrong category.

Vehicles are listed under eBay Motors, for which there is a specified insertion fee but apparently no FVF.  All bids or offers are non-binding, pending buyer's inspection of the vehicle.  Most sellers offer local pick-up only, no shipping, and you are allowed to accept payment in cash or other non-electronic means.

Perhaps you can get more specific advice on the eBay Motors board and/or by selecting eBay Motors as the category.

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Classifieds

Thanks.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Classifieds

Don't you still get 6 free insertions for EBM?

This is still in my selling:

Get free insertions for first 6 vehicle listings in a year. 

01/01/17 00:00:00 PST
01/01/18 00:00:00 PST

Ebay Classifieds

@gal220joywrote:

Yes, I knew it was per listing. We just wanted to list a car personally. This isn't business related. Can't figure out how to do it though. All the instructions I find seem to be outdated. Thanks.

Sorry, I looked into this for someone else a little while ago. In eBay Motors vehicle listings, the Classified Ad format is only available to dealers who subscribe to a monthly subscription level. They don't put much information about this on the site, though:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/motorfees.html

eBay has a number of subscription programs available for licensed vehicle dealers.  Please contact eBay at 855-532-2966 or motorstraining@ebay.com for more information about the programs and to subscribe.

Without a subscription, only auction and fixed-price format are available.

@d-k_treasures -- yes, Low Volume Sellers do get up to 6 vehicle listings in a calendar year with free insertion fees. If they list more than that, they become a High Volume Seller (forever). Info at the link above.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Classifieds

Thanks, that helps. I had seen something about that and wondered.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Classifieds

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Classifieds

***IMPORTANT*** If you list the same car all 6 times, for whatever reasoning, be it gradually lowering price , trying different sales formats ect.. in the same year,  and even if it never sells, the following year you will be considered a high volume seller permanently.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Classifieds

Here is the link to ebay motors since you say it is a car.

https://www.ebay.com/b/Auto-Parts-and-Vehicles/6000/bn_1865334

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Classifieds

August 2018

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Classifieds

OP 8/2017 dead thread.  You can start a new thread if you care to.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Classifieds

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:
August 2018

Actually August of 2017, but thank you.  Someone up thread reactivated this.  I just posted about the stale date.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Classifieds

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:
August 2018

Actually August of 2017, but thank you.  Someone up thread reactivated this.  I just posted about the stale date.

I did post the wrong year back in January 2019. Thanks for pointing that out now. 

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 15 of 18
latest reply