cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Allows Buyers to Leave Negative as Retaliation

It's a shame that Ebay allows buyers to leave negative feedback as a form of retaliation and wont revise or delete the feedback. Once Ebay discontinued the option of a seller having the option of leaving negative feedback the buyers have free range to do whatever they want. I've been on Ebay for over 24 years and recently there has been a rash of buyers that just ignore that my listings are final sales listing and if you decline a return they immediately leave negative feedback and Ebay will just allow this. Ebay gives sellers the option of accepting or declining returns , but by allowing this type of feedback to go unchecked they are forcing you to have to accept returns. It's a shame that to Ebay there is no such thing as a Bad buyer. I've got friends that accept returns and they get a bunch of returns for dumb reasons, including the buyer finding the same item for $1.00 cheaper. Buyers are allowed to abuse returns and INAD policies.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's unfortunate but Ebay doesn't care about the sellers.  A buyer can just lie on the feedback and FEEbay will not take the time to read the actual feedback and make a decision. These are the only reason FEEbay will revise a feedback.

· Containing false positive feedback

· Fee avoidance

· Feedback not related to the transaction

· Personally identifiable information

· Profanity

· Reference to an investigation

· Threat of bodily harm.

Other than that you are screwed as a seller. So the buyer can lie and make any comment and they are good as long as it doesn't fall in the categories listed above. It's total **bleep**. I got a negative feedback because the seller complained about the shipping cost that Ebay charges for shipping to their Ebay shoe authentication program and Ebay wouldn't delete the negative feedback and they are the one that Charged the customer. Ebay is really going to the dumps, if you notice most of the messages on this board are sellers getting fed up with Ebay. I was hesitant in going into other selling platforms , but I will now look into it.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I have run into the same issue, a buyer demanded I give them a discount they saw on a different platform, they purchased and then gave a negative because I did not give them the discount they demanded,which was not part of my ebay listing, blatant extortion, they did not even try to hide it in the feedback, Ebay allowed the comment and refused to remove it, I reported the buyer behavior and ebay did nothing, I have since moved all over 2000 of my listings to Mercari and am doing much better there, may be worth checking out

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It's unfortunate but Ebay doesn't care about the sellers.  A buyer can just lie on the feedback and FEEbay will not take the time to read the actual feedback and make a decision. These are the only reason FEEbay will revise a feedback.

· Containing false positive feedback

· Fee avoidance

· Feedback not related to the transaction

· Personally identifiable information

· Profanity

· Reference to an investigation

· Threat of bodily harm.

Other than that you are screwed as a seller. So the buyer can lie and make any comment and they are good as long as it doesn't fall in the categories listed above. It's total **bleep**. I got a negative feedback because the seller complained about the shipping cost that Ebay charges for shipping to their Ebay shoe authentication program and Ebay wouldn't delete the negative feedback and they are the one that Charged the customer. Ebay is really going to the dumps, if you notice most of the messages on this board are sellers getting fed up with Ebay. I was hesitant in going into other selling platforms , but I will now look into it.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I am currently having the worst eBay experience so far! A buyer purchased over 150 items and then filed returns for about 100 of those items stating (Just didn't like it). After the first 100 or so, I contacted eBay to see if there is a limit at all on returns... The answer is No. The buyer went on to file returns for another 44 items. I once again phoned eBay and asked why some of the returns were auto accepted by eBay and some had the option to decline since all were filed as "just didn't like". The agent had no answer to that question but said that I could at least decline the few that had that option so, I did. Now, the buyer is leaving negative and neutral feedback to retaliate. Once again I phoned eBay to ask if the feedback could be removed. The agent said, Yes, I just needed to send a feedback revision. Feedback revision was sent and promptly denied! Phoned eBay again and was told that it doesn't violate any eBay policies so, basically, too bad for you. I am finding it hard to believe that there is literally no recourse for sellers who have the misfortune of getting this type of buyer and the buyer is free to move on and continue this behavior with their next victim. Very disappointed with eBay's buyer friendly feedback system.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Ebay used to let sellers leave retaliatory negative feedback.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

There’s no final sale on eBay, though Saks, Bloomingdale’s, Macys, Nordstrom and many other stores with online presence have no problems running “final sales no returns”. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply