cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY SCAMMER PROTECTION PROGRAM

I just learned today after months of selling valuable items on eBay, that a buyer with no previous bad history, and a decent amount of positive feedback, can wake up one day and order an expensive item, and claim is parcel containing the wrong item.

After returning the supposedly wrongly received item, eBay forces the seller to issue a refund.

The fact that eBay put either the buyer or the seller at liability high value transactions is bad business, and should be explicitly explained before listing each valuable item. And is forcing me to conclude all business on ebay.

Use your selling platform, use your delivery method, but hold us the seller liable for loss under your trading platform?

Will not sell another item on ebay unless this policy is improved.
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: EBAY SCAMMER PROTECTION PROGRAM

I was thinking  that he lost a gold coin and his ending inventory for the year should reflect the loss,so it would be in his 2015 cost of good sold.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

From IRS Publication 334 -

"Businesses that sell products.    If you are filing Schedule C, figure your gross profit by first figuring your net receipts. Figure net receipts (line 3) on Schedule C by subtracting any returns and allowances (line 2) from gross receipts (line 1). Returns and allowances include cash or credit refunds you make to customers, rebates, and other allowances off the actual sales price.

Next, subtract the cost of goods sold (line 4) from net receipts (line 3). The result is the gross profit from your business"

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p334.pdf

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

This kind of issues is the buyer and even the SELLER not provide QUESTIONS about the goods, condition, size, colors delivery etc.

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

@clarknumismaticllc wrote:
What does the yeild of this claim on Schedule C look like? Is it deducted dollar for dollar on the amount payable for the forms taxes?

The loss is not a tax credit. The amount recovered in tax savings would depend on your marginal tax rate. 

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

What does the yeild of this claim on Schedule C look like? Is it deducted dollar for dollar on the amount payable for the forms taxes?

you need to make sure on schedule C, you dont over stated you sales,as there is no sale of the gold coin.

You dont have the gold coin anymore, so you will report it as theft/shrinkage,which will reduce your business  income.

your accountant will know how to handle this issue. 

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

so-much-out-there
Adventurer

I have lost over $800.00 USD in the past 30 days or so to two inescrupulous buyers who obviously damaged the items and did not want to absorve their losses. They filed claims, and ebay took their side... My reputation as a top seller, my careful packaging, and all the pictures that I've submited to ebay were irrelevant... Actually, one of the items was returned in shambles, and I was not even able to collect the USPS insurance that I had paid for...

I'm a 65 year old divorcee struggling to make a living... I am not a retailer that can afford to loose that kind of money! Hey, besides making double the amount they have paid for the item, all they have to do is return it to the manufacturer for a full refund!

I have a lot of high end apparel that were used once or twice, and I was once planning to sell them on ebay, but not anymore, that's for sure...  Not with this so called "Buyer's Protection Policy" that's not engineered to be fair to both, buyers and sellers... What would stop an deshonest buyer to use them once, and file a claim with ebay for a reason or another! And on top of all, I would have to pay for the return shipping!!!  I'd rather donate them to charity, and avoid the grief!  

I'm not at all surprised that ebay is loosing more and more sellers, and eventually will end up with retailers only...   But, again, ebay will be competing with Amazon and other sites.. . In my opinion and using my constitutional right of free speech, ebay should re-evaluate their highly paid so called  "Marketing Experts" who are not taking into consideration all the small fish like me that, altogether, bring them a big profit... That's how a big whale feeds after all...

I just learned today after months of selling valuable items on eBay, that a buyer with no previous bad history, and a decent amount of positive feedback, can wake up one day and order an expensive item, and claim is parcel containing the wrong item.

After returning the supposedly wrongly received item, eBay forces the seller to issue a refund.

The fact that eBay put either the buyer or the seller at liability high value transactions is bad business, and should be explicitly explained before listing each valuable item. And is forcing me to conclude all business on ebay.

Use your selling platform, use your delivery method, but hold us the seller liable for loss under your trading platform?

Will not sell another item on ebay unless this policy is improved.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

I am from Lithuania and I sold item to Canada.

Buyer opened cause because he changed his mind and would like to return item.

But he wrote to me: "

New message from: jujh0h_aytbk9fu (0)

I am choked, I received my order and it is dried herbs from LITHUANIA..."

After that he open cause: undelivered item.

Personally, he admittedly received the item earlier.

What ebay did? What?

They closed cause with full refund to the buyer and send me text: 

eBay Customer Support has made a final decision.

We didn't receive valid proof of delivery from you.
Final decision:
This case was decided in the buyer's favour.
Transaction information:
Any remaining funds from this PayPal transaction are available.

I have no item and no money. Buyer has both. 

Buyer protection program is used anly for make frauds bu buyers becasue ebay staff can not read what relly happend and close cause only for buyer favour.

I decide close account in ebay.
Message 22 of 24
latest reply

This thread is from 2015.  Business as usual in 2017.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 24 of 24
latest reply