cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY IS ABUSING THEIR SELLERS

eBay has now restricted my account TWICE in a month. The first was for violating their "counterfeit item policy" when I was selling authentic autographs with COA. I did not get to defend myself or prove they were real. Now the second time, a 7 day RESTRCTION for selling a generic PS4 controller?!? Keep in mind there are 100's of generic video game controllers on eBay. This is my only source of income and calling customer service gets me absolutely nowhere, no matter how much I try. I even wrote a email to the CEO to try and get the restriction removed. No response, I'm at the point where after 13 years I'm COMPLETELY DONE WITH EBAY. YOU GET ZERO SUPPORT FROM A COMPANY THAT YOU MAKE ENDLESS MONEY FOR AND THEY DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Accusing someone of selling counterfeit items is a crime in the United States. But I can not defend myself? I'm sorry but a online retail company should not have that much power....

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: EBAY IS ABUSING THEIR SELLERS

I believe Ebay only accepts COA's from the following authenticators and companies.

Sports autographs and memorabilia

Pre-certified autographs

Most other COA's are not even worth the paper they printed on.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

a 7 day RESTRCTION for selling a generic PS4 controller?!?

Generic? Aren't the only compatable PS4 controllers manufactured and supplied by Sony?

If it was new it may have been flagged, in saying that there have a few members lately getting these restrictions and items removed, not sure if something is wrong with the bot system.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I believe Ebay only accepts COA's from the following authenticators and companies.

Sports autographs and memorabilia

Pre-certified autographs

Most other COA's are not even worth the paper they printed on.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

a 7 day RESTRCTION for selling a generic PS4 controller?!?

Generic? Aren't the only compatable PS4 controllers manufactured and supplied by Sony?

If it was new it may have been flagged, in saying that there have a few members lately getting these restrictions and items removed, not sure if something is wrong with the bot system.

Nah.........there are tons of generic controllers out there.  As long as the OP indicates it is not a PS4 one and only "compatible" with - but a bunch of threads lately tied to generic or counterfeit controllers.  Must be something driving e-bay nutz with.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@jupiter_collectibles wrote:

I was selling authentic autographs with COA.

You sold 6 autographed items and none of them say anything about a COA.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

“I'm COMPLETELY DONE WITH EBAY.”

You still have a listing up.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

leaving group.jpg

Message 7 of 9
latest reply