cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY SERVICE HAVING MAJOR ISSUES

Just received a package back from ebay international that was going to Australia.  They returned it because of "issues" with no other explanation.  Now I will have to mail it out again using USPS.  Costing me twice for shipping.  This was a heavy package and shipping was not cheap.   Anyone else having problems with the new ebay international delivery service?  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

how heavy is heavy?

there is a dollar and weight limit on this new service i found out

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Small package.  About 3 pounds heavy.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If ebay couldn't ship it they shouldn't have allowed the label to be printed.   I sent it about 10 days ago so it never left the US.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

agreed....the weight is no problem in your case

if the shipment meets any of these criteria EIS should not be an option......

Try CS for an explanation maybe....it's a long shot, but they may refund..apparantely there's a few glitches with this rollout.....

• Items are eligible for export and the cost doesn't exceed $500 USD
  • The following maximum weight or dimensions below apply to packages:
    • length and girth 84 inches maximum
    • weighs less than 44lbs
      • Canada max is 66lbs billable weight

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

With the eBay international standard program if for some reason they don't want to ship a package they send it back but they say that they refund you on the shipping cost. Then I just reship with USPS. 

It's very weird to me that this program wouldn't refund you for the shipping once they send it back since it's supposed to be a better program or at least they're advertising it that way.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I  quit selling internationally when they announced the transition from the GSP to the EIS over concerns with the new program. EBay's track record of implementing changes has been less than stellar. EBay should, according to their policy, refund you the shipping costs associated with the failed EIS shipping. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-shippin... 

Please return and let us know how this works out as I suspect yours will not be the first issue as eBay continues to transition to this new program. The list of constraints regarding shipping with EIS is pretty extensive and it does not appear that they (eBay or the EIS contractor) have all the filters in place to catch "issues" before the buyer is invoiced and the shipping process started. Part of the problem may be that GSP was ran and operated by Pitney Bowes, who is a leader in international logistics, and the EIS is ran by a lesser known logistical service company. It will be interesting to see how well eBay stands behind their program and policy given they have been known to waffle on others. 

If you have not already contacted the buyer you may wish to do so. Inform them of the problem and how you are working it to get them the item they purchased before they open an INR. You may also need to work the shipping cost with them as they will have paid for the EIS shipping which would include both the domestic leg to Illinois and the international leg from Illinois to Australia.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I don’t ship internationally any more. A month of stress waiting till the package arrives at its destination  is just too much for me. And then you get the inad🤢🤮

Message 8 of 8
latest reply