cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY CHARGED ME TWICE FOR LISTING FEES

So EBAY sent out a Notice that we would ONLY be charged ONCE A MONTH for Listing fees

Otherwise i would have ended ALL my GTC listings( which i HATE with a PASSION but was FORCED INTO BY EBAY)

What a LIE!!

i was charged at the beginning of the month using all my FREE credits

Then i was charged AGAIN after 30 days

Ebay are LIARS

i am mostly a BUYER on EBAY i buy a LOT

Ebay does NOT CARE ABOUT ME AT ALL

i will purposely spend less on ebay the next two months to make up for the cash they STOLE from me based on their LIES

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: EBAY CHARGED ME TWICE FOR LISTING FEES

@paramiti
That's because the change for GTC to only renew once a month rather than every 30 days doesn't start until July 1st.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Thanx for that Info

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Ebay didn't "lie" to you, you just misunderstood.  In July the new policy of once a month will start.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
@paramiti
That's because the change for GTC to only renew once a month rather than every 30 days doesn't start until July 1st.

Of course it wont change until july, because Ebay needs the initial Quarter of Money Grabs that this was intended for to help them in the 2nd quarter.  That way they do not have to come up with another way to dig deeper into existing sellers pockets without  a sale until the 3rd quarter.  I wont take a chance at that point either as somehow i can see another glitch just happening and not getting fixed before Ebay collects a bunch more fees on it.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Yes, because it couldn't be that they have to get the program written, right?

This is rather interesting to me since a great deal of sellers that have complained about the GTC rule have stated they don't pay for listings fees anyway.  They only list up to whatever free allotment they have.  So if this is true, even if they all renewed the next month, the seller wouldn't be paying any listing fees.  

The only sellers that are getting caught having to may more in fees are those that ran up all their listings on May 1st and then they renewed on May 31st.  While I'm confident some sellers did this, I would not think it would be a majority.  But just my opinion.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

What is GTC?  

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@perfumenmore wrote:

What is GTC?  

It stands for "Good Til Cancelled".

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@perfumenmore wrote:

What is GTC?  

@perfumenmore 

GTC = Good Til Canceled.  It is a fixed price listing.

As of March 18th Ebay now has only two types of listings.  Auction or GTC.  GTC listings will auto renew each month as long as there is a quantity available on your listing until such time it is sold out.  

In your site preferences you may have a setting called Out of Stock checked.  If checked off, it will allow listings that do sell out to remain active but not seen by other members until you update the listing with additional stock.  The OOS function is handy for those that typically renew their stock.  By using this function the listing retains its placement in the searches, which can be a real advantage.  But know that using this function means that the listing, while OOS still incurs renewal fees.  This is may not be a function you will find useful so you should check your site preferences.

More information is in the link below.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2019-early/index.html#m17-4-tb2

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Usually you get what you pay for. If you accept free listings from eBay, you also accept the responsibility of being informed and taking care of them.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@twnpopcards wrote:

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
@paramiti

Of course it wont change until july, because Ebay needs the initial Quarter of Money Grabs that this was intended for to help them in the 2nd quarter.  That way they do not have to come up with another way to dig deeper into existing sellers pockets without  a sale until the 3rd quarter.  I wont take a chance at that point either as somehow i can see another glitch just happening and not getting fixed before Ebay collects a bunch more fees on it.

There is a reason that ebay has earned the nickname "feebay".

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

This is rather interesting to me since a great deal of sellers that have complained about the GTC rule have stated they don't pay for listings fees anyway.  They only list up to whatever free allotment they have.  So if this is true, even if they all renewed the next month, the seller wouldn't be paying any listing fees.  

The only sellers that are getting caught having to may more in fees are those that ran up all their listings on May 1st and then they renewed on May 31st.  While I'm confident some sellers did this, I would not think it would be a majority.  But just my opinion.

Lets see, they were warned about this issue back in February and went to the drawing table at that time to create this.  So I am sure they already either have it or have had plenty of time to get this done.  Funny how they can write the program to get rid of all the other Fixed Listing time frames in about 3 weeks.  Again, when Ebay wants to get something done they can do so very quickly and easily.  If this was costing Ebay money you better believe it would ALREADY be fixed.

You obviously do not give Ebay the credit they deserve.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@twnpopcards wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Lets see, they were warned about this issue back in February and went to the drawing table at that time to create this.  So I am sure they already either have it or have had plenty of time to get this done.  Funny how they can write the program to get rid of all the other Fixed Listing time frames in about 3 weeks.  Again, when Ebay wants to get something done they can do so very quickly and easily.  If this was costing Ebay money you better believe it would ALREADY be fixed.

You obviously do not give Ebay the credit they deserve.

The announcement for the change to all FP being GTC was February 26th.  It began on March 18th.  GTC has been around for many years, so it isn't a new thing.  What is new is that Ebay now only has two different types of listings.

Just because people start complaining about something they perceive to be an issue does not mean that Ebay is actually going to do anything about it.  So starting the clock in February is a bit misleading.  The fact that Ebay did actually take what was being said by many sellers on the boards is a wonderful thing and a win for all.

It could have easily gone the other direction and Ebay may have decided to do nothing.  

I'm not sure about your 3 week timeline.  I find it pretty doubtful that Ebay decided on let's say February 25th to change all FP listings to GTC and then released that announcement to the site on the following day.  And therefore went scrabbling to write the program necessary to accomplish this.  I tend to think Ebay was planning this for far longer than that and therefore had lots of time to get the program ready for the site.

But if you have something to the contrary that supports that they only decided on the day or just before they announced it, I'm willing to read it.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

I have the same issue and called ebay.

They say it is an error and are crediting the listing fees to my account.

You can wait a few days to see if they fix this automatically or call their customer service number if you don't want to wait.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Any seller wanting to avoid fees has had at minimum 30 days to cancel, wait a day or two, and then relist. Waiting until the 11th hour or later to take care of this does not make eBay the "bad guy". Things don't always go exactly as planned and without a plan, they will surely go wrong. If $17.50 will change your life, you need a better plan.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply