cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY/ADYEN WILL THEY HOLD YOUR FUNDS FOR 1 MONTH BEFORE RELEASE TO BANK ACCOUNT !

Here was 1 of the survey questions in the recent ebay/adyen presentation

"How often would you like your funds deposited into your bank account"
Daily
Weekly
Monthly
Immediately with a  small  fee

This question shows ebay is considering holding your money for a month or charging you more to access your money quicker. 

How much money would ebay make by investing your and everyone else's held money for a month?

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 1 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

EBAY/ADYEN WILL THEY HOLD YOUR FUNDS FOR 1 MONTH BEFORE RELEASE TO BANK ACCOUNT !

@mallontownwrote:

Here was 1 of the survey questions in the recent ebay/adyen presentation

"How often would you like your funds deposited into your bank account"
Daily
Weekly
Monthly
Immediately with a  small  fee

This question shows ebay is considering holding your money for a month or charging you more to access your money quicker. 

How much money would ebay make by investing your and everyone else's held money for a month?

from what I read, companies like this legally can't do anything with the money you give them, as it's essentially like having it in escrow. I could be wrong tho. That's some **bleep** tho and why I will NOT use their program. Ebay has never done anything that wasn't meant to make them more money ( which is fine. That's capitalism and I'm ok with it), and us sellers can't be expected to just sit around and lose our own money to their money grabbing schemes.

Message 2 of 93
latest reply

You shouldn't be transferring funds from a sale earlier than 30 days anyway.  What happens if you get a return?

Message 3 of 93
latest reply

If you have enough working captal in your account you better be able to transfer money immediately WITHOUT A FEE. That's pushing the pencil way to far. They may be doing a test here to see what people will and will not like/tolerate with this new system.

Message 4 of 93
latest reply

@mallontown

@vintagecraze50

@yuzuha

@jpcustomsonline

You do realize PayPal holds the funds too? You haven't noticed that YET and your getting worked up about Adyen doing the same thing as PayPal...

I'm not saying I like Adyen which I DON'T and will stop using eBay if I can't use PayPal I am saying that Adyen isn't so bad in this situation..

I hope this clears up everything?

Thanks,

@itsmostlikelytrashnottreasure

-----------

I lf I helped please give me a helpful (also known as thumbs up)

If I went so far as to solve your problem please click accept as solution. Thanks.

Message 5 of 93
latest reply

@vintagecraze50wrote:

If you have enough working captal in your account you better be able to transfer money immediately WITHOUT A FEE. That's pushing the pencil way to far. They may be doing a test here to see what people will and will not like/tolerate with this new system.

PayPal charges a fee for an immediate transfer too, though, or at least they did the last time I transferred money to my bank account.  I could pick either the standard 24-48 hour transfer, which had no fee, or an immediate transfer, which would incur a small fee.

Message 6 of 93
latest reply

@itsmostlikelytrashnottreasurewrote:

@mallontown

@vintagecraze50

@yuzuha

@jpcustomsonline

You do realize PayPal holds the funds too? You haven't noticed that YET and your getting worked up about Adyen doing the same thing as PayPal...

I'm not saying I like Adyen which I DON'T and will stop using eBay if I can't use PayPal I am saying that Adyen isn't so bad in this situation..

I hope this clears up everything?

Thanks,

@itsmostlikelytrashnottreasure

-----------

I lf I helped please give me a helpful (also known as thumbs up)

If I went so far as to solve your problem please click accept as solution. Thanks.

Let me guess. You're a new seller?   Paypal holds funds for NEW sellers, for the first few months, and typically for only a few days after item is delivered. Hope this clears up everything? Thanks.

Message 7 of 93
latest reply

@yuzuhawrote:

@vintagecraze50wrote:

PayPal charges a fee for an immediate transfer too, though, or at least they did the last time I transferred money to my bank account.  I could pick either the standard 24-48 hour transfer, which had no fee, or an immediate transfer, which would incur a small fee.

During buisness days, if you transfer paypal funds right now, it will be there first thing in the morning. Sure, 25 cents if you want it right away. But that's not the point they were making. The point is, you can transfer the money immediately without a fee. Doesn't mean that it will GET to your BANK immediately. Just that you can transfer it out of PAYPAL immediately.

Message 8 of 93
latest reply

bank transfer via ACH is with the Federal Reserve,there are 4 levels,Paypal uses the free but slowest level of transfer.

If you want it faster,then you pay 25 cents or is it 30 cents with your debit card,which is outside the Fed.

If you are an AMZN marketplace seller,AMZN will transfer the fund once a month,you can ask for a one time fast transfer before the scheduled time,but not every month.

So Ebay is doing the same,

Now some AMZN Market place sellers have their own merchant account,so your merchant account provider would transfer the sales proceeds to your account 24-48 hours .

We are spoiled by Paypal,someone pays us and the fund is immediately available,how can that be possible,unless the money is sitting in his Paypal account for sometime.

It is pAYPAL which has been fronting the money all along.

Remember the good old days,buyer mailed you a check,money order,how long does that take?

Message 9 of 93
latest reply

pretty obvious from the survey they don't know how it's going to be handled........so worrying about it now, to me, is pointless.........  and who knows........there might be choices. 

Message 10 of 93
latest reply

@yuzuha

@jpcustomsonline

@vintagecraze50

@mallontown

I was under the impression it was held for all sellers - whether they have been on eBay for 1,000 years or 1 hour... No, I am not a new seller (one of the weathered sellers)...

I just was mistaken, hold your horses. 

Have a nice day,

- @itsmostlikelytrashnottreasure

Message 11 of 93
latest reply

@jpcustomsonlinewrote:

During buisness days, if you transfer paypal funds right now, it will be there first thing in the morning. Sure, 25 cents if you want it right away. But that's not the point they were making. The point is, you can transfer the money immediately without a fee. Doesn't mean that it will GET to your BANK immediately. Just that you can transfer it out of PAYPAL immediately.

I don't see how that differs at all from the options presented in the survey.  One of the choices is 'Daily' - so like PayPal's current system - versus 'Immediately, with a small fee' like the other option PayPal gives you.

Message 12 of 93
latest reply

@itsmostlikelytrashnottreasurewrote:

@yuzuha

@jpcustomsonline

@vintagecraze50

@mallontown

I was under the impression it was held for all sellers - whether they have been on eBay for 1,000 years or 1 hour... No, I am not a new seller (one of the weathered sellers)...

I just was mistaken, hold your horses. 

Have a nice day,

- @itsmostlikelytrashnottreasure

my response to you, was only as condescending as your post was to us. Nothing more, nothing less 😉

Message 13 of 93
latest reply

@yuzuhawrote:

@jpcustomsonlinewrote:

I don't see how that differs at all from the options presented in the survey.  One of the choices is 'Daily' - so like PayPal's current system - versus 'Immediately, with a small fee' like the other option PayPal gives you.

It differs, because paypal doesn't HAVE those other options, except for new sellers or sellers in the dog hosue. And the concern is, that Adyen won't give us the OPTIONS, and only give us one of these choices.   It's asking which ones we want. It's not saying we will have them ALL.  And I can tell you right now, if it's ebay's choice, we will NOT have the daily option. That's how this differs.

Message 14 of 93
latest reply

@lancelotmewrote:

bank transfer via ACH is with the Federal Reserve,there are 4 levels,Paypal uses the free but slowest level of transfer.

If you want it faster,then you pay 25 cents or is it 30 cents with your debit card,which is outside the Fed.

If you are an AMZN marketplace seller,AMZN will transfer the fund once a month,you can ask for a one time fast transfer before the scheduled time,but not every month.

So Ebay is doing the same,

Now some AMZN Market place sellers have their own merchant account,so your merchant account provider would transfer the sales proceeds to your account 24-48 hours .

We are spoiled by Paypal,someone pays us and the fund is immediately available,how can that be possible,unless the money is sitting in his Paypal account for sometime.

It is pAYPAL which has been fronting the money all along.

Remember the good old days,buyer mailed you a check,money order,how long does that take?

Just because we are spoiled, doesn't mean we can't complain about things changing for the worse.  This is why we pay paypal a fee to accept money for us.

Message 15 of 93
latest reply