cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dry Patch

The past week+ has been ridiculously slow for me.  Due to a recent move and some issues I am experiencing I changed my handling time from 1-day to 3-day and I have to wonder if this is a contributing factor. 

I don't know what else to think.  Anyone else selling much less than their average?

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Dry Patch

I don't think it is the handling time, dry patch here also and I always have a 3 day handling time, not that the 3 day handling time makes a difference.

From what I understand, the estimated time is how you normally ship a package, not based on when you say you will.  So in other words, I have a 3 day shipping time but I normally ship out same day or the next day so at the longest my estimated delivery date for the buyer usually is before I even have to ship the item out.  If you have a 3 day handling time it does not even show that to the  buyer. I believe it is 4 days or longer then it shows an extended handling time.

I had someone buy something yesterday, I have a 3 day handling time and usually would ship it out same day but I couldn't yesterday.   I looked at the Order Details Page after printing the label it shows the package will be there tomorrow.  Now I have a 3 day handling time, the package is going 3 day priority mail and ebay estimates on the Order details page states it will arrive in 1 day! 

I started a thread on it but someone told me I was looking at my own zip code, duh, no that would be if I was  looking at the listing, not looking at the order details page after the person has paid and the label printed.  Anyhoo, no way that package will be there tomorrow.  But I am digressing and ranting LOL.  

In other words, I don't think the changing shipping time is it.  Dry patch here also.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I feel that sales are slow, and the new Hub helpfully informs me that my sales are down in the past 31 days. 

Yet when I do some more digging around in my stats I am doing pretty much the same as always. The occasional outlier is a month way up, or way down, but overall it's been reasonably steady (though with more listed than ever). 

I would say look at sales month to month. A week may be too short a time to judge sales.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Dry Patch.........

eBay secret agent speak for

No Paying Customers

Message 4 of 4
latest reply