cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drafts Disappearing

Is there any way to recover drafts I spent hours creating that have expired on eBay as they are more than 60 days old?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Drafts Disappearing

@barbara1774  I haven't found a way to retrieve them, so I started listing my drafts as active, but set the quantity to 0. You can try this link https://www.ebay.com/uas/selling-pref

You can also access by going to the top left of your page, click on your name, then account settings, then selling preferences. Look for Multi quantity Listings, then select the button for Listings stay active when you are Out of Stock.

Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

drafts are only going to stick around for 30 days max,  then they start to disappear a little at a time

you can just open them one time and save them again and you will have another 30 days

you need to refresh them every 28 days or you will lose them

it happens to me more than I like

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

What I do is -- 

I create my draft descriptions in Word and I save them in Word.  I have a directory specifically for eBay, and every quarter I start a new "Miscellaneous Listings" document.   "Misc Listings 4Q 2021" is my current document.  

I have found, however, that most of the time if I cut-and-paste those descriptions from Word into eBay, some of my word spacing is lost, so I have to re-read those descriptions carefully and add spaces where they've been deleted.  Sometimes I will print the descriptions and re-type them into the eBay description block.  I still have to review those, though, because I often make the same typos over and over.  

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I stopped using drafts years ago as they seemed to go missing. Now days I use scheduled.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Refresh your drafts from time to time.

Select all your drafts to edit at the same time. 

Don't make any changes, just resave them all again in drafts.

PURR AND THE WORLD PURRS WITH YOU.
HISS AND YOU HISS ALONE.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Meanwhile, they "lose" pieces of your draft at about the two week mark.  The computer machinery isn't too bright. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@monroe67 wrote:

What I do is -- 

I create my draft descriptions in Word and I save them in Word.  I have a directory specifically for eBay, and every quarter I start a new "Miscellaneous Listings" document.   "Misc Listings 4Q 2021" is my current document.  

I have found, however, that most of the time if I cut-and-paste those descriptions from Word into eBay, some of my word spacing is lost, so I have to re-read those descriptions carefully and add spaces where they've been deleted.  Sometimes I will print the descriptions and re-type them into the eBay description block.  I still have to review those, though, because I often make the same typos over and over.  

You might try Notepad.

That's what I use and don't have to worry about the spacing problem.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@evelyb30 wrote:

Meanwhile, they "lose" pieces of your draft at about the two week mark.  The computer machinery isn't too bright. 

Drafts can also end up getting corrupted(will not load) if eBay does any major tinkering to any category involved. Similar to templates.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

This is why they need to bring back TurboLister.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply