cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the buyer see this error??? (not moaning lol)

So if I print the shipping label at 10pm on a sunday night doesn't mean that the item got shipped so why does ebay state that it got shipped?

Maybe that's where I'm getting flogged by the gods for late shipping?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Does the buyer see this error??? (not moaning lol)

Just curious but why not print it the next morning when the item is actually going out.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

because I like to have all my items ready for shipping at 8AM

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

wrote:

So if I print the shipping label at 10pm on a sunday night doesn't mean that the item got shipped so why does ebay state that it got shipped?

Maybe that's where I'm getting flogged by the gods for late shipping?

Many buyers and sellers take issue with that wording, your item has shipped, as it clearly hasn't.  I doubt that is not why you are getting flogged for late shipping.

You chose a stated handling time, and you need to ship within that handling time.  If you are not, then the item is marked as late shipped.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I package everything on Sunday night, then put a number on the box to correspond to who it i being sent to. But do not run my labels until Monday morning.

But of course for me that means up to 3 maybe 4 of them so it does not take that long.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

castle - does the buyer see the shipping date of the 28th? or do they only see the actual date it got scanned?

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Maybe because some of us have more than ONE item to mail out?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Did you read my subsequent post before snapping at me where I said it works for me because I am low volume.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

If you're using eBay shipping labels (which I assume you are) there's a box where you can add a message to buyer, which you can use to state the date it will actually SHIP and that will be on the email they get from eBay.

Now whether many buyers bother to read more than the email header is anybody's guess.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Actually no I didn't, but I bet you also weren't up working 8 hours the night before either = )

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

wrote:
Actually no I didn't, but I bet you also weren't up working 8 hours the night before either = )

I work a part time job, but that is not the point.

If you can avoid getting a late shipping hit, then you do what needs to be done to avoid it.

And for me that means getting up 1/2 hour earlier that morning to print them.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Erm I do..........I pack stuff on SUNDAY to go out MONDAY

Sheesh

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

I work a part time job, but that is not the point.

If you can avoid getting a late shipping hit, then you do what needs to be done to avoid it.

And for me that means getting up 1/2 hour earlier that morning to print them.

You make that sound like a virtue but it really isn't, in my opinion.   Let's be clear what a "shipping hit' means.

There are a few numbskill buyers who think that an eBay shipment notice means that item went out that very nanosecond.   They're the same one's that will gripe that the label was printed at 7 a.m  but not scanned by the post office until 5 p.m.  But they are few and far between and they don't actually impact a seller's standing with eBay. 

There's no virtue in my opinion, running my eBay life to cater to the whims of a very few nuts and flakes like that.  

I print my labels when I have a window of time to do it.   That's not a virtue either.  Nor a fault.

But late shipping hits don't really happen based on a buyer's perception of when a label was printed and scanned - not defect type hits anyway.  eBay notifies the buyer at time of feedback when the item was expected, IF and ONLY IF ebay doesn't yet have info uploaded to show delivery.  If they have info showing on-time delivery that's automatically greyed out for the buyer.   If not, then the buyer is reminded when the item was due and asked if it was received on time.

There's no query to the buyer in feedback DSRs about when the item was actually shipped.  eBay keeps track of that electronically.

So the only thing a seller risks is some negative COMMENT from a buyer griping that the item was mailed a day after the label was printed.  Which means nothing in terms of impact on the seller's status with eBay.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

wrote:

Sheesh

Why the need to be condescending.

I am simply telling you how I avoid a late shipment but also saying that I realize that it may work for me because I am low volume.

And I see another with a diatribe heading straight for me.  (ducking and covering)

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

Sheesh

Why the need to be condescending.

I am simply telling you how I avoid a late shipment but also saying that I realize that it may work for me because I am low volume.

And I see another with a diatribe heading straight for me.  (ducking and covering)

No diatribe here, just correcting you because printing a label the night before shipping an item has nothing to do with a seller receiving a late shipment ding.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply