cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know why I keep getting an error message everytime I reply to a message

Everytime I try to reply to a message I get an error message when I send it. All it says is Error. Any help, Thanks

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Does anyone know why I keep getting an error message everytime I reply to a message

What browser or app are you using? Desktop or mobile?

Try another browser or another mode. Or use the eBay app to reply.

If replying via email, are you signed in to the same eBay account that received the message? If you are responding to a message or a link on a selling page, instead try going to your eBay message inbox and replying directly there.

Is the user you are messaging still registered?

Is the item you are referencing still listed? If a transaction is old or the item has been removed, messages regarding that item may no longer be sent.

If you are still unable to send a message using a different browser, a different mode or a different link, try going to the user's feedback or profile page and composing a new message using the "Contact" link there. If you are prompted for an item number and receive an error, try selecting the "not about an item" option.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Does anyone know why I keep getting an error message everytime I reply to a message

EBay has had email messaging issues when responding in the Listings; Active listings; with questions submenu on the right side in the Seller Hub. I reported this issue to the programming department several months ago and it's still not fixed. Here's a workaround to reply to an email: click "Messages" in the upper-right corner of the Seller Hub webpage. This will link you to your email Inbox and you can respond to the messages there without getting an error.    

Message 3 of 3
latest reply