cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you want Offers to be paid immediately ?

Have been reading through the boards and it appears seller's may now have the option to set up Immediate Payment for Offer's if they wish.

Not sure if this is rolled out for all seller's yet, but check it out:

It is on the Buyer Management page
https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Scroll down to the bottom and there is a section:
Buyer Payment Requirements

There is a checkbox for:
Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Do you want Offers to be paid immediately ?

I would hit he back button and contact the seller. I have always participated  in the Ebay process on the premise that one's word is a binding agreement.  I would not be shocked, but p.o.'d. as it would, in my mind, be a direct challenge to my integrity to require such automatic in advance payment promises when the offer itself is a "binding agreement" to complete the deal per ebay rules.  As previously stated I would no longer offer; I am just spending my grandkids'  inheritance on these venues as it is.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

I clicked your link and it is available to me and the box is already checked (pre-unchecked by eBay).  Thanks for the info.  Why didn't I get  message about it???  Will buyer's get  a heads up in an ebay message?

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

I clicked your link and it is available to me and the box is already checked (pre-unchecked by eBay).  Thanks for the info.  Why didn't I get  message about it???  Will buyer's get  a heads up in an ebay message?

@evry1nositswindy@downunder-61 

^^^^ This was me when I read a thread about this a few days ago. I don't know how long it had been checked, though.

The last offer I accepted was on 12/15 and that  buyer didn't pay immediately, but did within a few hours of the acceptance.

I wondered (when I saw that thread) if my  buyer had to react to: "Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer"... or exactly what had transpired. Since I don't know that it was or wasn't checked on the 15th, I still wonder. 🤔

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

I unchecked the box.

I give buyers four or five or six days to pay (whatever, 99% pay within 24 hours), and when buyers make multiple purchases IPR is a real pain in the butt.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 19 of 19
latest reply