cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you ship fast?

I had an incident the other day. A buyer bought one of my items. Usually I ship out Fast- like the same day.

The next day the buyer wanted to cancel. I wasn't mad about it at all- but i was glad it was a Saturday and our post office was closed. Or else it would have been shipped and on its way. I think it was a lesson learned? In The future- I think i will slow  IT on down?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Do you ship fast?

Personally, I ship fast.

I wouldn't let a few buyer remorse purchases change the service I provide for the majority of my buyers.

Basically you are saying you are going to decrease the service you provide for a few outliers.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Do you ship fast?

HI @dollocity 

The choice on your Handling time is of course yours.  You have sold 5 items in the last 90 days so pushing the Handling time out a day or two I doubt will affect you ... however, I am sure your customers will appreciate if things ship quickly. 

Where you will run into issues is the No returns accepted policy you have because eBay has several return reasons that bypass that setting and force you to pay for a return shipping label.   

I use 30 day Free returns and from time to time am able to take advantage of the full Seller protections that eBay offers: Seller protections | eBay

Best wishes to your growing success!

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Do you ship fast?

The fastest I ever shipped was within an hour.  It was for Christmas Stockings and the buyer emailed and said they couldn't find theirs.  I figured if they found them they would cancel and if they got them quickly they would quit looking.   I won. 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Do you ship fast?

"...Basically you are saying you are going to decrease the service you provide for a few outliers..."

exactly.....

fastest I ever have done is 18 minutes from order time to acceptance scan....

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Do you ship fast?

I have one less than 20 minutes too.

One of those last minute orders after about to head out for a drop off.

FINEE, I'll get you in today.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Do you ship fast?

Dang, that's like Road Runner Service!  lol

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Do you ship fast?

@cardsforauction wrote:

Dang, that's like Road Runner Service!  lol

@cardsforauction LOL!  I'm about like @robbie31415 , I've had a few come in late in the day and if I was planning to ship other items AND (here's the key fact) the sold items are easy to pack they are gone in a half hour.  We live less than 3 miles from the Post Office.  

I found early on it's good to know when the bulk trucks pick up daily.  The first one of the day is around 1 PM and then the last one of the day is just past closing (4:30 PM).  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Do you ship fast?

I shipped an order right when it was received.  As I was walking out to the mailbox, the mail carrier was 2 houses from mine.  I handed it to him!  The buyer couldn't have cancelled after 5 minutes! 

I would never slow down my shipping based on a fluke cancellation.  I ship out on Saturdays, so if that were my buyer, he would have been out of luck.  

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Do you ship fast?

Oh I should change that.

Because if a person wanted to return something. I would do it.

Or they can ask.

I cant even find where to print a return label. If I needed to.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Do you ship fast?

I would continue to do what you do. I also ship quickly, same day if possible. Only problem I ran into was printing a $62 UPS label, then an hour later the customer asked me to cancel the order. I was extremely torqued about this as I was now screwed out of the money for two weeks. I wish this could be refunded quicker, it can be a real PITA.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Do you ship fast?

I have had a few return requests. As i recall, when i accepted return i was prompted to agree to provide a return label. I agreed and ebay took over from there. I didn't print or mail the label personally. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Do you ship fast?

We provide the same service no matter what day. Our Post office is closed on Saturdays as well. So if we make the carrier pick up then Saturday it goes, If not Monday is the best we can do.  We have only had one cancel in all these years over Saturday shipping.

Best wishes.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Do you ship fast?

We ship same day or next day.  It rarely causes problems like that, and we usually just let people know they can refuse shipment or return it if they don't want it.  While technically refusing shipment does invalidate the MBG, we of course issue a refund if we get back an item like that, and it's worked well for us.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Do you ship fast?

Do you ship fast? Usually I ship out Fast- like the same day.

All my listings have a 3-day shipping time listed, and I almost always ship at 4 pm the following day. I rarely get cancellations but  I still see absolutely no reason to ship same day.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply