cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you remember as a seller when you could click a box on your listing offering combined shipping?

When did this stop? I do see the effects in my sales in the past 3+ years easy. 

Some buyers will communicate, and some will just buy multiple & pay and I will refund shipping difference as being honest seller. 

Just looking for positive comments. Don't need the bashers. Maybe I'm missing something. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Do you remember as a seller when you could click a box on your listing offering combined shipping?

Do you have combined shipping set up in your shipping preferences
If your buyers are making offers, those from what,I've read in this forum, don't combine.

IMG_1341.jpeg

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I offer combined shipping, Ebay does it automatically, but I think a lot of buyers don't know how to do it.

You can put the items in a cart and when you check out it's done automatically, or you can buy multiple items and request an Invoice.

I'm going to add the above to my descriptions because I get quite a few buyers asking.

I wonder if there is a way to add that to all listings in bulk.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

exactly! 

I think buyers are to believe they have to pay full price and full shipping. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@glenvonnie wrote:

I offer combined shipping, Ebay does it automatically, but I think a lot of buyers don't know how to do it.

You can put the items in a cart and when you check out it's done automatically, or you can buy multiple items and request an Invoice.

I'm going to add the above to my descriptions because I get quite a few buyers asking.

@glenvonnie 

Bulk edit your listings > Bulk Edit > Description > Add to End (or wherever you want from these options)

Screenshot 2024-02-14 142728.png

But of course, eBay buries descriptions on computers and they are nearly invisible on mobile.... 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you

I just played with that, and it just seems a little messy! Will see what happens. 

Just keep it simple eBay like the good old days. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@glenvonnie wrote:

It's done automatically IF you have combined shipping rules in place. If you don't (I don't) because of the limitations of eBay combined shipping rules this is where the issues come up.

"request total", to start off this option is NOT available on the App so the 50% (maybe more) of buyers who are using the App cannot request a total. For those using the desktop version of eBay the Request Total always appears in checkout BUT it is often greyed out and not select-able based on some mystery formula that eBay has which they won't acknowledge even exists.

This problem stated more than 10 years ago and was included in a Seller Update at that time (to help prevent non-payers). It was later scrubbed from the Update announcement but the policy remains in effect.

Bottom line, if you don't have combined shipping rules set up they it's a crapshoot if buyers can use the Request Total button (not possible at all on the App).

I have a lot of multi-item buyers (all Fixed Price), less than half of those buyers are able to request a total when purchasing more than 1 item and it is not just buyers using the App.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply