cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do buyers no longer understand the process of accepting a seller's offer? **Scratches head**

Ok, in the last couple months I've had a few buyers all come to me with the exact same thing.

They receive a discount offer from me (seller). They accept this offer. They apparently now go back to the listing and the listing says "Out of Stock". They then are extremely confused by this and message me believing there is an issue because the item is "out of stock"...

Do buyers not realize that the item is now in their cart after they've already accepted the offer??

Maybe it's part of the broader issue that buyers don't realize accepting an offer is a commitment to purchase the item, they've already "bought" it and now need to go pay??

Just strange that I've had this exact same conversation with almost a handful of buyers in recent time.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Do buyers no longer understand the process of accepting a seller's offer? **Scratches head**

@ajs_coins_and_alchemy wrote:

...Do buyers not realize that the item is now in their cart after they've already accepted the offer??...

No, they do not. Probably 95 out of 100 buyers have NO clue how this works because it's convoluted.

After all, how hard would it be to have a LARGE 'if you accept this offer, it will automatically be charged to the card you gave us'

How hard would it be to put EVERYONE on the 'get the payment source' from Anyone 'accepting' an offer?

How hard would it be for a box to show up that the 'buyer checks' when sending an offer that says the same?

and you say 'no longer'....heck, did they EVER?? 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I'm an outlier, as a seller I don't like the pre-authorized payment system. Partly because I know it turns some buyers (including myself) off which reduces sales, and also the issue with combined orders. I offer free shipping across the board so buyer isn't getting combined shipping discounts, but I rather not receive 7 separate orders/payments and be charged 7 transaction fees when it could be 1 payment and 1 fee (yes, I know we're talking a difference of $1.80-$2.40 in fees -- 30c or 40c with the new upcoming change) but still, principle of it.

Did they ever know the difference? Haha, well, I never got these messages until recently. Just seems to be a weird spurt of these messages.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply