cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do buyers get a notification when a seller replies to their feedback left?

What say you?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I say.......I doubt it!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I say yes, they do.

I know for a fact they did at one time.

As a seller if you replied to a buyers feedback, it would actually tell you that the buyer would be notified.

Not positive if it still does that.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Nah. Nope. Negatory.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

I say yes, they do.

I know for a fact they did at one time.

As a seller if you replied to a buyers feedback, it would actually tell you that the buyer would be notified.

Not positive if it still does that.

Check your communication preferences for buyers there are NO options related to feedback, for sellers the only option is the reminder to leave feedback.

In 25 years I have never received a notification about feedback as a buyer or seller under any circumstances (except for the reminder to seller). As a buyer I have purchased from more than a few sellers who leave generic replies to all feedback they receive (extra advertising space basically).

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

Check your communication preferences for buyers there are NO options related to feedback, for sellers the only option is the reminder to leave feedback.

Account settings > Communication Preferences > General Preferences > Feedback Reminders

There used to be separate settings under buying and selling activity. Now it's just the one setting under General Preferences which, to my understanding, controls FB notices for both buying and selling.

I have the setting turned off and do not receive any FB reminders for buying or selling.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Guess one can count an increase in ones FB count by an digit of 1 a notification.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 7 of 7
latest reply