cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dishonest buyer requesting a return

I recently sold a basically new pair of Dansko clogs. I say basically new, bc they were worn one time as noted in my description. In my listing I provided pictures of the shoes (sides, tops, inside, soles, etc). They were in excellent, like new condition. Pristine. Today I get a message that the buyer wore the shoes and the soles began crumbling into pieces and falling apart. Buyer sent me a pictures of the bottom/sole of a pair of Danskos, but it cannot be the Danskos I mailed out. Mine were perfect and these are quite literally falling apart in bits and pieces. I think the buyer had an old pair with crumbling soles and is sending me pictures of that pair, but trying to claim they are pictures of the shoes I mailed them. I don't know how I can prove it though and seems ebay always sides with the buyer. Advice?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Nothing you can do except 'accept' the return should they open one. Since you don't 'take returns' if the buyer opens a return as 'not as described' you'll have 2 choices; refund and they keep, or you have to pay the return shipping. 

I would just quit communicating and see if they 'open' a return. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You are SOL. eBay doesn't decide who is telling the truth. They want the seller to offer a return label and refund when you get the package back, or you can refund in full and not require them to return the shoes. Those are your only options.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Just an added thing, avoid using "like new" or "perfect", etc. in listings. Just describe them accurately, provide good clear pictures and let the buyer make that determination themselves. 

It wouldn't have made a difference in this case but it can and will come back to bite you eventually.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I don't what you say, but quite some time ago I had the same thing happen but I can't remember the maker.  They were very expensive, & I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself.  I know the company had a lifetime warranty on the soles.  It wasn't a case of switching the shoes on the part of the Buyer.  It was also way before all of these fraudulent buyers came on the scene.  I'm not comparing your shoes to mine but am just  relating my experience.  Good luck.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

This is a very real phenomenon.  Dansko changed sole manufacturers after 2007 and now all of their clogs and others wedge shoes that have perfectly good uppers will rot on your feet while wearing them the first time.  Do not sell (or buy) Danskos.  They are defective after 1 year.  I now have purchased 2 of these duds from ebay.  One seller refunded the sale and I just felt so sorry for the second that I did not request a refund and instead contacted Dansko to tell them that if they can not send me replacement soles, I will never buy their brand again.

Read here: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dansko+shoes+rot&atb=v349-1&ia=web

https://www.reddit.com/r/poshmark/comments/arfwf5/crumbled_danskos_any_chance_of_a_return/

https://www.scavengerlife.com/2014/06/the-sad-decline-of-crumbling-dansko/

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply