cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dishonest Reviews

So I’ve now got 2 negative reviews, though had been making nearly $2500 in sales a month until the first one.. now I’m lucky to get near $100 let alone over.. first one I wasn’t sure I could adjust about because it’s possible.. then the more I thought about it the less likely it appeared.

After having several people assess the situation and realizing they way it happened I now firmly believe they were intentionally being malicious with intent of derailment.. eBay won’t listen so I’ve sat in silence on it. 
Then I got my most recent one. Customer says over 3 weeks after purchase that the records are too scratched to listen to, I provided photographs demonstrating they were not.
They also complained about one record being swapped for another when that info was in the listing and they were well aware of this because we had discussed it. They even expressed initial gratitude.. then all of a sudden they leave this slander. Contacted eBay, they say the customer has not violated any policy.. review policy states that dishonest behavior and malicious intent are an abuse of the review process, is this the twilight zone or something?? 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Dishonest Reviews

Speechless as in what exactly? This information has been disclosed upfront. The person I bought from didn’t even mention it, I was speechless. You’re just confused, because you didn’t read 

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Perhaps you should consider other factors that have contributed to your sales dropping from $2500 to $100.  Correlation is not causation. 

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

What does that even mean? I was making good sakes. Got this review and that stopped. I mean, what the hell are you even talking about? 

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

When a buyer complains do you ... do the back and forth emails until the buyer is upset?..

Exactly.

Have they opened a Claim? If not:

"I regret you are unhappy with your purchase. Please return it for refund."

If they open a Claim:

You will be paying for return shipping.

If there is no merit, there is no return and no refund.

If there is merit, you have fixed it immediately.

If there is no problem, you have your item back ready to relist and resell.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

You're asking people for their suggestions, but don't like any of them. OK, fine, but there's not much else we can do.

Try to shake things up a bit in your offerings - rejig some listings, run some sales, see about clearing out old stock on mark-down, etc., keep things fresh, hopefully you're doing new listings.  Late January and February also aren't stellar months for sales.

I doubt the neg had much to do with your sales - we all get them from time to time.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 20 of 21
latest reply

EBay does not use FB to assess member accounts.

Because FB is considered to be opinion.

EBay does use Claims and Disputes, especially if the seller is not cooperative.

EBay does hand out Defects if any Claim is opened.

Are there settled Claims you are not telling us about? These are private unlike feedback.

Most buyers are happy to buy from sellers with 95% ratings because that's still an A+, in their minds.

there are some people that can not be pleased

True.

And it is best to keep schtum and let them show themselves as who they are.

And all this angst over a $20 sale.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply