cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancy with Feedback algorithm

Hello everyone, perhaps someone could help me understand. First off I’m a seller and I get a lot of positive feedback compared to the 2 negative feedback I’ve had in the past 6 month my current rating is 99.4 but if we going by the FB Calculator 

Divide the number of negs by the total number of feedback, multiply by 100 and you get the percentage.

2/569x100= 0.35 so I should be in 99.7 instead it keeps going down whatever reason although I only get positive feedback and I maintain them as I’m active seller. I do have 4 neutral in which it doesn’t count as been rated. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

They don't base the calculation on the full number of feedback received.  If you had multiple transactions with the same member within one week, they only count one of those feedback.  

The percentage is based on the number of feedback received in the past 12 months, so as old positives roll off and new ones are added, the percentage will change depending on the change in the total number of positives in the past 12 months. If the number of old positives rolling off is greater than the number of new ones, then your percentage will decrease.

Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 1.03.49 PM.png

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

They don't base the calculation on the full number of feedback received.  If you had multiple transactions with the same member within one week, they only count one of those feedback.  

The percentage is based on the number of feedback received in the past 12 months, so as old positives roll off and new ones are added, the percentage will change depending on the change in the total number of positives in the past 12 months. If the number of old positives rolling off is greater than the number of new ones, then your percentage will decrease.

Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 1.03.49 PM.png

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you, it makes more sense now. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply