cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date sold changed after i sent invoice

Sold an item on the 15th .  I imagine ebay sent them an email so the top blue bar on the individual listing says:

"You sent the buyer payment information on Feb 15, 2023 specifying the total payment amount."

However, after they didn't pay for two days, I figured I would remind them so I sent an invoice last night.

Now the date sold in My ebay, Waiting for payment, is the 17th (and in the order details). 

so now I won't be able to cancel the sale for non-payment for 2 extra days? 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Date sold changed after i sent invoice

@decadesgoneb4 

Hi

Yes.  Every time you send an invoice it extends the time for payment for the buyer to pay.  Initially, your buyer has 4 days to pay.  If they don't, On day 5 cancel the sale citing non payment. 

Hopefully that won't be the case, however if it is you'll know what to do next.

Happy Selling.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@decadesgoneb4 

Hi

Yes.  Every time you send an invoice it extends the time for payment for the buyer to pay.  Initially, your buyer has 4 days to pay.  If they don't, On day 5 cancel the sale citing non payment. 

Hopefully that won't be the case, however if it is you'll know what to do next.

Happy Selling.  

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Let ebay take care of sending the invoice and any reminders.  Only send an invoice when something needs to be changed, such as a buyer requested shipping upgrade, or combining order discounts, etc. 

Don't know whether you've added two days to cancelling for non-payment or not.  Come back and let us know.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

So the buyer is being penalized without their knowledge for sending invoices even though there's a blue box in their 'awaiting payment' section of the seller's hub that states 'send invoice'?!  Why doesn't eBay remove that option rather than make the seller wait longer than necessary to re-coup & relist?  Doesn't make ANY sense.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I meant to say the SELLER is being penalized...

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@heirloomafterlife 

Not removed because the seller "may" have a reason to send a "revised invoice".

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

We would have (well, we should have) realized what you meant:)

To note: 

You can use the down arrow up in the right corner of a post that you make to "edit" for up to 5 minutes after your initial post to make corrections, or add info 🙂

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

They just started this recently, as I used to send reminders also...until this happened to me on 5/21/23, on two unpaid orders. I called Ebay yesterday and they thought it might be a glitch, but really had no idea. Maybe when enough sellers call, they will fix it. So for now, just message reminders.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply