cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyber Monday

Do you generally get a boost in sales for Cyber Monday? I wonder if it's mostly for things like new electronics and/or Amazon Prime and big store sites. 

I don't remember if I've had an especially good Cyber Monday. Today is good across two sites though, maybe it will be a trend for a while? Wish I had more to list.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Cyber Monday

I've never had a good one, but never had a good black Fri......and did this year......so I can hope.......

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Cyber Monday

Well today is Small Business Saturday
Message 3 of 29
latest reply

Cyber Monday

I haven't had a single sale this week, even with posting six new items (about 2% of my total listings) the day before Black Friday. I've barely had any traffic on the items either. But the last two months have been pretty poor for me, as it has for many others. This summer was great, maybe because I sell vintage apparel. I was pulling in about $1500 on eBay and another $500-$1000 through flea markets. I have been personally trying to post more frequently (on Instagram) this week because of traffic.

There is another great post that has hundreds of comments that talks about thousands of items missing from their store, and eBay cant or wont fix it. There was a similar post a few weeks ago talking about how people suspect the listing algorithms are flawed since their major overhaul in September, people have been calling it a conspiracy...but it might be true. With that said, I upgraded my store to offset cost to stem my losses. It actually worked, I'm going to save nearly $70 in fees with sales almost identical to October.

eBay sent out tons of coupons, but I have heard people are having trouble using them. I may post a sale on select items to drive some traffic on Monday, but I'm hesitant to cut into my margins anymore since sales are low. 

So to answer your question, from my personal experience lately, I don't expect much this weekend.

Best of luck!

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Cyber Monday

I would think that those who give really good deals, (knowing Ebay sellers probably not many), will have an increase in sales. Most likely they would have to give at LEAST a 40% discount as that is what buyers expect on Cyber Monday.

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Cyber Monday

*****Just tagging onto last post.*****

Don't these super sales days like Black Friday and Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday all theoretically involve reductions in the price of items or BOGO or "free" shipping or some other perk(s)? (I say "theoretically" because I know a number of stores--both online and B & M bring in merchandise "pre-discounted," as it were.)

So, I'd say if an eBay business wanted to attract sales on Cyber Monday, perhaps they'd want to be offering some discounted items or making offers to watchers or whatever.
Message 6 of 29
latest reply

Cyber Monday

Do what the retailers do. Sell a bunch of worthless junk cheap. Anything nice double the price then mark it 30-50% off.
Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Cyber Monday

@pink.fish.rule wrote:
Well today is Small Business Saturday

Dear valued small business owner,

What special thing has eBay done for you on small business Saturday ?

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Cyber Monday

It has been absolutely tremendous!  $15 Canadian in 3 days.  Thanks, eBay!  LOL   Useless site.    Good luck to us all.    🙂

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

Cyber Monday

@coolections wrote:

I would think that those who give really good deals, (knowing Ebay sellers probably not many), will have an increase in sales. Most likely they would have to give at LEAST a 40% discount as that is what buyers expect on Cyber Monday.

Working on 15%discount ...oh so close to an increase.  So true it will not likely happen here.  

Rocking live venues.  I am old, but not blind.  Seems times might be a changin'.  Younger folks are liking touchy feely Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Cyber Monday

@mcdougle4248 

I have read no less than THREE (3) articles (from completely different sources) and seen a tv news story (major channel) in the last month stating that younger folks are returning to brick and mortar shopping because they want to see ir in person and touch it.

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Cyber Monday

There's an ad playing here suggesting that buyers will enjoy "offline" shopping.

They can see what they are buying! They know it's in stock! No shipping fees! Immediate delivery/pickup!

I'd call it a great ad , except I have no idea what store it's for.

Small Business Saturday refers to local mom'n'pop businesses not to online shopping.

And Cyber Monday is for online shopping.

But unless you have a Markdown Special Price on your (new /giftable/ multiple) items, why would a buyer want to go to your over Barnes and Noble or Macy's or Nordstrom or Best Buy?*

I sell collectibles and this is my slow period, although oddly this year has been fairly busy.

My busy period is when the collectors return on Boxing Day.

* I have very little idea of what stores are online.

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

Cyber Monday

@this*old*attic wrote:

@mcdougle4248 

I have read no less than THREE (3) articles (from completely different sources) and seen a tv news story (major channel) in the last month stating that younger folks are returning to brick and mortar shopping because they want to see ir in person and touch it.

I am an artisan crafter.  I am experiencing an absolutely wonderful, in your face kind of fresh, interaction with gen X and millennials at live venues.  The generation that I thought was all about cell phones and social media is not that at all, IMHO.

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

Cyber Monday

@sakic92710 wrote:

Useless site.

@sakic92710 

Just curious why you would continue to do business with a useless site ?

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Cyber Monday

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@this*old*attic wrote:

@mcdougle4248 

I am an artisan crafter.  I am experiencing an absolutely wonderful, in your face kind of fresh, interaction with gen X and millennials at live venues.  The generation that I thought was all about cell phones and social media is not that at all, IMHO.

So VERY true!!!

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 29
latest reply