cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer buys local pickup only, wants me to ship, lowers my seller rating

I didn't realize it makes no difference if you talk to the customer has absolutely no problem if for whatever reason instead of shipping in 2 days as it's listed, you ship it in 3 or 4, Ebay cares.
I also didn't realize ending a listing early because it sold locally is held against you. Always with the customers blessing, I shipped a couple of things later than was listed, seems even bigger is I end a lot of listings as I also list them locally, so despite my only negative being something where I actually did ship it on time but the customer said I didn't, and it apparently got there damaged. What he didn't mention in his feedback was I gave him a 100% refund - but I no longer meet sellers standards so ebay is once again holding my money,
A customer buys 3 treadmills that there is absolutely no mistaking it's local pickup only tho I said if they wanted, we could see if Uship might get it to them. 
Customer sends me a message written in spanish which even before translation you can see is a shipping address, he wants me to ship them.
I messaged him and nicely told him I'm sorry but as it said in the listing, I am not shipping these. I then told him if he wanted either he or I could put them on Uship, see what happens.
He doesn't reply. His only reply was 2 days later asking me if I'd send him an invoice with the total charges - an obvious reference to shipping charges.
Ebay gives u 2 options to cancel the sell, seems as tho whichever one I choose it is yet another sub-standard deal allowing ebay to hold on to my interest earning for them money even longer.

So I have to take the hit because a guy buys them and expects me to ship them even tho it specifically states no shipping. Offered to make a listing on Uship for him, no response.

Just my opinion - I was very surprised when I was bumped down to below standard, especially because if I remember correctly it was for 2 items shipped late, 5 auctions ended early.
If I didn't know better, I'd say Ebay takes me ending those early very seriously for one reason. I understand they are not going to talk to every customer to see if we had talked about the shipping taking longer, but penalizing me for selling locally.
Ends in sight, closer every day.

I recently sold something for $1500 and of course ebay is now earning interest on that money. Funny thing is, it was a local pickup item. Ebay specifically points out they hold your money in case the customer has a problem with your item - gee, on a local pickup I'd think that wouild be known pretty quick.
Also, since they are holding my money to insure the customer is happy with the product, what does me ending items early have to do with that ? For that matter, what does shipping late - especially when the customer still gives u a 100% feedback.
Of course the answer is they look for reasons to do this because while my $1500 isn't much interest, add in the other countless # of people they do this to and it's free money. Bet high fives were going all around when they came up with that.
I do not get my $1500 until ebay is sure they are happy with it.....even tho it was local pickup.
I am no below ebays standards because "gasp" they told me I end too many items early, number they used was 5.
Guess u better check the fine print if u can sell locally also. I would but screw em, I'll be living in a beach front home in Mexico

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Customer buys local pickup only, wants me to ship, lowers my seller rating

For the three treadmills that were posted with local pickup, you should have filed Cancellations with the reason "problem with buyer's address".  That would NOT give you a defect.

As for your $1500 local pickup only item, you accept CASH upon pickup.  No Paypal payment.  That way, there is no hold on any funds, since there is no shipping, therefore no tracking.  That is why you only accept CASH upon pickup.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Customer buys local pickup only, wants me to ship, lowers my seller rating

I don't know why anyone sells local pickup items on eBay. It's just asking for trouble. On eBay, everyone expects everything to be shipped. Many people don't even know what "local pickup" means. Many other venues specialize in local transactions.

"I recently sold something for $1500 and of course ebay is now earning interest on that money. Funny thing is, it was a local pickup item."

eBay doesn't have your money, so they aren't holding your money. Paypal is holding your money. And that's likely to change very soon. If your buyer paid by Paypal and picked the item up, he or she can open an INR claim and your money will not be held, it will be gone. That's going to be a painful lesson.

"I didn't realize ... if for whatever reason instead of shipping in 2 days as it's listed, you ship it in 3 or 4, Ebay cares. ...

"If I didn't know better, I'd say Ebay takes me ending those early very seriously ... what does shipping late - especially when the customer still gives u a 100% feedback."

You are playing a game and you have no idea what the rules are, and now you're being penalized for breaking them. Feedback has not counted against sellers for awhile now. And you obviously didn't read the Fall Seller Update or any of the info about eBay penalizing sellers for off-eBay transactions.

You cannot bury your head in the sand and sell successfully here, as you're finding out. If you want to continue to sell here, I strongly suggest you start reading -- your seller dashboard, eBay's policies for sellers, the Fall Seller Update, eCommerceBytes, and this board.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply