cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Base for Local Pickup

Is there a way to find out an idea of how many people shop on EBay that live in my area? I I searched current listings, there are a couple, could not find any items sold locally in the categorys I will be listing in (Wheels and Tires) However w e are located in an area that is growing fast, I think fastest in the region (Bozeman, MT) there many people moving in from bigger cities that may have used Local Pickup from where they were from. Any ideas on how to find this out? Or should I just start posting…

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

There is no specific way to identify how many eBay buyers/users may be in a given region although eBay probably has that data. Doing some generalized calculations Montana has .3% of the US population (1.13M people). There are about 3.6M active eBay users in the US so estimating 108,000 eBay users in Montana but  Montana is a big state. You may be better off trying some local forums as well. CL or FB. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

We are located in the middle of a population of 6 million ... maybe 1-2% of our sales are local.

Fastest growing or not, if you restrict an eBay listing to local pick-up for Bozeman MT, I think you are wasting your time.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply