cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creepy Buyer

Got a positive feedback from a buyer where my item was returned to me.

And buyer has not contacted me at all.

Buyer has 18 positive feedbacks from different sellers.

I guess buyer just wants positive feedbacks...from low cost items sold from sellers.

I usually give feedback for cheap items immediately.

Got the feedback "after' item return to me.

So, I collect mail from a neighbor when they are away...I told my neighbor who I collect mail from that he has mail from "unknown people names" onReturns.JPG his address. He said thanks...texting back and forth ...and he said they are "virtual squatters" using his address. Is this the new scan?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Creepy Buyer

I can't see your image to see what's written on the letter... I had something similar happen once when I lived downtown (but in a house with an open mailbox, letters came to my house sometimes, but I rented a PO box).

Anyway we started getting regular bills from Bell Canada that ended up going to collections. Came to our house with our address on it, but a name we didn't know. At the point it went to collections after a few months of returning the mail to sender, I got the idea someone was using my address and helping themselves to my mailbox because it was open.

Anyway I reported them to the police and provided them with the mail, and after they finished with me, they went to the commune a few buildings over to pay a visit to someone who lived there (probably the name that was on the mail), and then it stopped. Since I had her name, I did my detective work and found out where she worked (and called around to get the branch she worked at), then I reported everything I knew to police.

I live in a residential neighbourhood now and we don't have nearly the type of problems we had downtown... I used to have to get the couriers to pick up packages on my porch because it was unsafe to leave them in front of the house. I left a box of stuff for charity once (all junk) and they left me a card telling me there was nothing on the porch to pick up. I called them to tell them I wasn't being a jerk, someone actually stole the box of donations from my front step. That would never happen where I live now, but I still have the PO box for safe delivery of packages.

C.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Creepy Buyer

Likely building a history of good sales so they can use the account for triangulation fraud later.

Stuff like this is almost always connected with a bigger scam.. Of course eBay really doesn't have a way to report this, nor do they do anything with this information.. After all, it's not them getting scammed, it's sellers and they don't care about us.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Creepy Buyer

So, I collect mail from a neighbor when they are away...I told my neighbor who I collect mail from that he has mail from "unknown people names" onReturns.JPG his address. He said thanks...texting back and forth ...and he said they are "virtual squatters" using his address. Is this the new scan?

I understood everything in your post up until this point. I have no idea what any of the above means. Can you explain what you are trying to say here?

Is this story about your neighbor related to the buyer who left feedback for a item that was returned to you? Or is this separate topic altogether?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Creepy Buyer

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

So, I collect mail from a neighbor when they are away...I told my neighbor who I collect mail from that he has mail from "unknown people names" onReturns.JPG his address. He said thanks...texting back and forth ...and he said they are "virtual squatters" using his address. Is this the new scan?

What are "virtual squatters"? How would someone do that?

I can see those envelopes have the yellow labels that USPS uses when items are returned as unknown, not at this address, unable to forward, etc.

What are the reasons on those labels? Are they being sent to your neighbor, or sent from your neighbor's address and returned to them?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Creepy Buyer

I get a few returns a month. Those in photos are returns this year. LOL.

Had one last month where buyer ask where is my item.

Return stated "deceased" on the return.

Buyer bought more stamps since I offer free shipping and shown him the photo of item returned.

Buyer bought more stamps plus the ones returned and I hope he gets them.

I am currently dealing with no tracking on a Priority Mail Box I sent off yesterday in person and took a photo of box where clerk was behind counter...no tracking or scanned. Taking photos of such is a no-no in post office by the way.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Creepy Buyer

People somehow use someone's address and have mail delivered to someone's address. Thus, it is on a credit report that is their last known address. And I guess a resume if company checks into your credit report.

I live in that crazy city  San Francisco where credit reports have a history of where you live but don't.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Creepy Buyer

so, I collect mail from a neighbor when they are away...I told my neighbor who I collect mail from that he has mail from "unknown people names" onReturns.JPG his address. He said thanks...texting back and forth ...and he said they are "virtual squatters" using his address. Is this the new scan?

Sounds like gibberish to me.  Must be some kind of new language.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Creepy Buyer

I collect my neighbor's mail...and I mention to my neighbor that there is mail with his address but but Spanish names of 2 different people on his address...a bunch on mail...some people have more than one apartment in San Francisco...usually the rich. It"s not a home...it's an apartment where they live and some apartments go for as much as $44 million in my neighborhood. The rich of these apartments usually come during the summer  hot days where they live elsewhere.

I can relate to where I had a package go to the wrong address...I got a notification my item delivered but was like 6 blocks away...I rode up that HILL(Nob Hill) and my package was sitting outside the building with maybe 20 other packages. I found my package and left. It was a building where packages were left outside. Will never forget that.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply