cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple of contacting the buyer questions... because CSR didn't know

I sold an item, shipped it the same day, USPS hasn't updated the confirmation so after a week I assumed it was in a dead office somewhere.

05/21 - I msg the buyer asking if she received it as I wanted her happy. (There are reasons I did this)

05/23 - Buyer opened up a request asking that I ship the item asap. I responded.

05/24 - I responded again with information from my postmaster and told her that if I could not locate it by Tuesday, I would issue a full refund.

05/25 - I received the following msg:

Hello XXX

This is Rachell from eBay Resolution Center.

I am writing in behalf of XXX about item XXXX.

The buyer has let us know that she has sent you an email since she cannot send you a message, the buyer wants to let you know that if you can send still the item the buyer would accept it still, at the same time if the buyer cannot receive any update you can refund her. We strongly advise that you respond to the email and continue communicating with the buyer.  

Thank you for choosing eBay. We appreciate your cooperation. 

Sincerely, 

Rachell

eBay Customer Service

I went through ALL my emails - there wasn't anything from the buyer, so I called eBay. The automated system said it would be reviewed and decided on w/in 48 hours. The Resolution CSR didn't know how to resolve the issue without waiting until the case timed out. He also didn't know the answer to my two other questions:

1. I thought we were NOT supposed to contact eBay member outside of the eBay messaging system. Has this changed?
  2. It used to be that when your contact info was requested, you would get a courtesy msg. Is this not the case anymore? (Strangely, when I list particular brands I tend to emails regarding these brands w/in 24 hours.)
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

1. you can choose whether or not to have your phone number available in "manage communication to buyers" so the answer to that question is no since that would be constituted as outside the messaging system.

2.that may not be the case. they might have tried your paypal email, did you check that?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks! Didn't think about paypal. Nothing there.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply