cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considerations for going from Basic to no Store

Hi all - I have a Basic store and have reduced my listings from over 700 to about 217. I am planning to reduce from the Basic store to a Starter Store - but got to thinking do I really need to pay for a Starter store if I am downsizing and not planning to go over 225 listings? My store comes up for renewal on 4/1/24. If I want to reduce from a Basic store to no store - how is this done? Do I close the store - will my existing 217 buy it now listings stay listed?  Is there an advantage that I am missing to going without a store? If I lose the ability to promote - that is a consideration - but I might be ok with that. I am worried about the mechanics of doing this I am concerned that if I shut down the store I will lose all my current listings.  Your ideas and thoughts will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes you Store listings will stay up when your Store subscription ends.

Your Store categories will disappear and you will no longer get the quarterly shipping supplies coupon.

Your fees may rise, since Stores have slightly lower fees.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-selling-fees?id=4809

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Yes you Store listings will stay up when your Store subscription ends.

Your Store categories will disappear and you will no longer get the quarterly shipping supplies coupon.

Your fees may rise, since Stores have slightly lower fees.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-selling-fees?id=4809

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you so much - I appreciate the information! 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@epowerbargains 

Just wait until sometime time later in March to cancel your yearly subscription.

In the scenario that you provided above the only real key benefit that the starter store provides is the ability to use markdown manager. You will still be able to promote as you do today. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

As noted in the other post, your listings will not be affected.

When a member downgrades or cancels their store subscription, the change takes effect on the first day of the following calendar month, so you can cancel any time during March for the cancellation to take effect on April 1.   

Since you're already below that 250-listings threshold, you might weigh the advantages of canceling your Store subscription during February, i.e., to take effect on March 1. You'll have to pay an "early termination fee" of $7.32, but you won't have to pay the $21.95 for March.

http://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for the great information - I really appreciate it!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you so much! I appreciate it!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply