cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about the new pay system (No big surprise there!)

So I give them my bank acct. info and they are suppose to deposit what's left of my sale earnings. When I use the ebay shipping system - where does that money come from to pay shipping? The old way we could get instantly paid & use the payment funds to pay for shipping costs. How is the shipping costs paid for when I print out the shipping label?

I think ebay is pulling a fast one on their sellers & making the whole transaction confusing to put more profit in their pockets.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Confused about the new pay system (No big surprise there!)

@bunchick wrote:

So I give them my bank acct. info and they are suppose to deposit what's left of my sale earnings. When I use the ebay shipping system - where does that money come from to pay shipping? The old way we could get instantly paid & use the payment funds to pay for shipping costs. How is the shipping costs paid for when I print out the shipping label?

I think ebay is pulling a fast one on their sellers & making the whole transaction confusing to put more profit in their pockets.

At the bottom of the shipping label creation page, you can choose to purchase the labels from pending payments or paypal.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@bunchick wrote:

At the bottom of the shipping label creation page, you can choose to purchase the labels from pending payments or paypal.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hey thanks for the useful information! The shipping payments was the one thing holding me back on

continuing selling on ebay and I didn't know it can be taken from pending payments & paypal.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I agree, it is confusing and takes some adjusting to get used to. USPS comes right out of your pending sales, just like before except it came out of paypal. UPS and Fedex  labels are not charged until they are used. These used to be charged to your invoice. But now there is no invoice. So when ebay is charged with one of these labels you will see it deducted from you pending sales, or if you don't have any money in the pending fund it will get deducted from you attached bank account. 

I thought the same thing at first. But like I said it takes some getting used to. Everything is there, it's all accounted for. Ebay is not pulling a fast one. Keep at it, you will get it. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

UPS and Fedex  labels are not charged until they are used. These used to be charged to your invoice. But now there is no invoice. So when ebay is charged with one of these labels you will see it deducted from you pending sales, or if you don't have any money in the pending fund it will get deducted from you attached bank account. 

Unfortunately, if Fed Ex messes up weighing/measuring/adding additional fees to your shipping of a package, you could get hit for WAY more than you expect - and they would grab it instantly now before you even realize it.