cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concerned About Ship To Address

Wanted to know if anyone has had a similar encounter and what to make of it:

I had an order placed for some JLAB headphones, but the item was not available in my stock. I went ahead and informed the buyer and left the buyer positive feedback.

Then, oddly enough, I noticed that the "SHIP TO" address was NOT to said individual, but to "JLAB LEGAL INVESTIGATIONS". I checked out the buyer site and it seemed like a normal seller with over 8k in feedback and has a listing of over 500 items of various items from clothing to leapfrog items. Typical seller.

JLAB is not on the VERO list. And the individual's name was not the ship to address. The ship to address was "JLAB LEGAL INVESTIGATIONS" followed by the address of their office in California. I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar experience and what your take is on this.  

What am I missing here?

Thanks much!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Concerned About Ship To Address

Thank you all. You're all so wonderful for taking the time to help me. As a new seller, I am learning new things each day from all of you and from the feedback that you provide. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Getting the item shipped to their work address.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@unionpax wrote:

What am I missing here?

What you're missing is that when a customer makes a purchase, you ship to whatever name/address they provide at checkout. Period.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

What's missing is the fact the item was out of stock and not shipped.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It's probably nothing to worry about unless you're selling stolen stuff. Companies that investigate their goods are usually a bit more inconspicuous about it.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you all. You're all so wonderful for taking the time to help me. As a new seller, I am learning new things each day from all of you and from the feedback that you provide. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@unionpax  As a new seller, please be very aware that not being able to supply an item that is OOS is cause for a defect to your account, stock control is one of the most important things on this [any online] site.

Good luck with your new venture

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@unionpax 

You chose your own post as the solution? 

If you sold "some JLAB headphones" to "JLAB LEGAL INVESTIGATIONS," it sounds like they bought them to verify whether you are selling fakes or not. 

ETA: they might also be concerned (and unhappy) that you've used their copyrighted stock images.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 8
latest reply