cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing up shop-tossing in the towel

After 10 years selling on Ebay, I am closing my page. I've adjusted the 26 listings I have live, to allow for offers.  I will close my page at the end of March, due to lack of sales and lack of interest in general. 

I will miss this work, but it's not profitable and it's more work than it's worth at this point. I put so much heart & soul into my listings, and my efforts here, and thank each customer who has purchased from me to date.

Thank you,

Happybeck42013

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@happybeck42013 wrote:

After 10 years selling on Ebay, I am closing my page. I've adjusted the 26 listings I have live, to allow for offers.  I will close my page at the end of March, due to lack of sales and lack of interest in general. 

I will miss this work, but it's not profitable and it's more work than it's worth at this point. I put so much heart & soul into my listings, and my efforts here, and thank each customer who has purchased from me to date.

Thank you,

Happybeck42013

YEP!  I know the feeling. It's like someone turned off the faucet, in terms of sales, views, and even watchers the past month or so.

All the best -

GIF_picard-patrick-stewart.gif 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Good luck in the future. I also have seen sales slow down. Hoping to get rid of all my items also. Probably give up by the end of this year.

Message 2 of 65
latest reply

Good luck elsewhere. Unfortunately for many sellers, items in low demand have completely lost all appeal. I've removed almost anything get gets zero to only a few views. I think it is that way just about anywhere you go in today's market.

Message 3 of 65
latest reply

Wishing you lots of luck with your future endeavors. Sales have been dreadfully slow and I also feel quite nervous with what my future here on eBay will look like at the end of the year. I am not giving up hope because this business is everything to me, but my optimism is waning. I have never had this much inventory that isn't moving that much in the 10 years I have been selling.

Message 4 of 65
latest reply

Good luck to you!  

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 65
latest reply

I've already moved some unlisted inventory to local auction houses. I like many, are sick of the low sales. 

Whatever is happening that a few sellers get great sales, and others can't even get a trickle, IN THE SAME CATEGORIES, well...... It is what it is. I have been making my moves to get out of here. I'd change my mind if sales were better, but I am not going to keep paying store fees that are barely covered every month. I am not selling here just to pay store fees. I'm here to make money. I suspect by June I will be done. I'll just truck everything to the auction houses and be totally out of this. 

No more wasted store fees and promotion fees. No more wasting my time and dealing with unreasonable buyers. No more putting up with eBay's stupid changes. All was much more palatable when you are making money and sales are moving. It becomes intolerable when nothing seems to be selling. 

Message 6 of 65
latest reply

Seems like collectibles is a very tough and over-crowded market - our local thrifts are filled with glass, porcelain, etc.  Kind of like clothing and accessories 😖

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 65
latest reply

A shame, but I think the younger folks are just not interested in collectibles like we older folks were. I know my daughter considers these 'clutter' and Ive been selling off a lot of my collectibles that she doesnt want. But not on Ebay, as mentioned, its an over saturated category here with millions of listings.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 65
latest reply

Drastically reduce prices & Ebay may still be one way of getting rid of  those items you no longer want or use.

Good luck to you

Message 9 of 65
latest reply

@happybeck42013 wrote:

Thank you,

Happybeck42013

YEP!  I know the feeling. It's like someone turned off the faucet, in terms of sales, views, and even watchers the past month or so.

All the best -

GIF_picard-patrick-stewart.gif 

Message 10 of 65
latest reply

I am so glad that I was introduced into coin collecting when I was a kid (now 58) by my Dad and a Best Friend of mine. I had so much built-up inventory when I decided to start selling it off 5 yrs ago here. Just like the OP mentions, Its fun when stuff when it moves even though it may be a slim margin of profits but its still profits.

If a person has some knowledge in coins. There are alot of deals in the coin market that a good profit can be made. I pass up deals just because I have enough stuff to sell that I dont need anymore. I will still buy if I can scrape up a great deal where I can double or triple my cost.

Best of Luck to the OP on their Future.

Message 11 of 65
latest reply

Cool!

Message 12 of 65
latest reply

Sorry to hear that, but yes, sales are down considerably. Best of luck to you also!

Message 13 of 65
latest reply

Sorry to hear that for you, too. I'm disabled and this has been my little source of extra income, but such is life. Me & my Ebay boneyard will have a rummage/collectibles sale at some point, although I live in such a rural area, I'd probably not get much traffic.  Best of luck to you!

Message 14 of 65
latest reply

Thank you so much! 

Message 15 of 65
latest reply