cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing a discussion

After my problem has been resolved and I have marked it as resolved does the discussion continue? I realize I can turn off notifications but just wondering if it goes on and on.

LB

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Closing a discussion

@moon-stars71 wrote:

After my problem has been resolved and I have marked it as resolved does the discussion continue? I realize I can turn off notifications but just wondering if it goes on and on.

LB

It does until a mod locks it..

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Closing a discussion

@moon-stars71 wrote:

LB

It does until a mod locks it..

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Closing a discussion

You can ask a mod to lock it. People like to do that when they aren't getting the answer they want to hear.  Personally, I think it interupts the flow. Usually the discussions are useful.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Closing a discussion

As noted in the other posts, the discussion is not locked automatically.  Experienced posters know that the accepted answer is often incompelete or even incorrect.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Closing a discussion

To get to a Mod to lock it.........click on options and then on report inappropriate content....... that's the only way I know to get to a mod.  A page will come up with place to explain and just say you want to close the topic. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Closing a discussion

Agree, just didn't want to be a bother once my problem was resolved .
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Closing a discussion

But why assume I've not allowed the discussion to run long enough to benefit from the experience of posters? I know I did, I felt it would become muddied and redundant. Thus my question.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Closing a discussion

Thanks!
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Closing a discussion

@deep-garnet-red wrote:

You can ask a mod to lock it. People like to do that when they aren't getting the answer they want to hear.  Personally, I think it interupts the flow. Usually the discussions are useful.

That reminds me of something I used to see regularly on other forums (or could have been here, been so long I don't remember).

I recall at least one poster here or elsewhere, where after they get their answers, they actually ask for the entire message thread to be deleted.  No.  That is an example of poor forum manners.  Your question and the answers are expected to be available for others to find who may  have the same question sometime down the line; especially if it turns out your post is the only one found where the Q got publically answered instead of the long string of search results with the same Q but only Me Too replies (or no replies at all).

Not sure what the motivation is to want your posts deleted after getting answered.  Years later, I still scratch my head at that one.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Closing a discussion

Posters shouldn't automatically hope, or request a thread get locked once they get 'their' answer.

Many times, other eBayers lurking and reading these threads, can benefit from the extra answers and advice when threads like this continue with further discussions.

jmtcw,

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Closing a discussion

I wasn't wanting mine deleted per say, as I've explained I was under the impression it might get closed after it was resolved. But as ones have said it will be there for others with same question later, win win . Thanks to all .
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Closing a discussion

As stated above I see the benefit of keeping the discussion. I had no nefarious reason for asking the question.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Closing a discussion

Agree
Message 13 of 13
latest reply