cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat AI listing description

Anyone using this feature? Just wondering what people’s thoughts are on this listing feature

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

It's just filler if you ask me. Sure you can get a nice description if you ask me, but it seems saturated when I use it

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Well well well, it's Panda, welcome back 😊 I gave you a thumbs up coz I love your new name.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@ebeths_eclectic_collectibles wrote:

Anyone using this feature? Just wondering what people’s thoughts are on this listing feature

A good reason not to use AI could be concerns about privacy and security. As AI technologies continue to advance, there is potential for misuse or unauthorized access to personal data, leading to privacy breaches. Additionally, AI systems may analyze and store vast amounts of personal information, which can raise ethical concerns and potentially compromise individuals' safety. It is crucial to carefully consider and address these privacy and security issues before implementing AI solutions.

If several people ask the exact same question to an AI language model, they will typically receive the same or very similar results. AI models like mine are designed to generate consistent and coherent responses based on the input we receive. So, in most cases, you can expect that multiple users asking the same question will receive identical or very similar answers from the AI. However, it's worth noting that slight variations might occur due to contextual factors or the AI system processing requests at different times.

However, it is important to note that relying solely on AI for writing may hinder your own development if you don't actively engage in the writing process yourself. It is essential to balance AI assistance with personal effort, so you can continue to develop your own style, creativity, and critical thinking skills as a writer.

Just for chuckles, each of the above paragraphs were generated by AI suggesting that even it sees potential problems. Not the least of which is that if everybody is getting the same text on the same product then what differentiates you from the others? McText comes to mind.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

lol @richard1rst   I was going to do that!!!!

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

LOL. I guess AI wrote your answer. Writing style from Chat GPT. I don't think I gonna use it for an item description.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

tried it for a few listings this month. It seems repetitive and just uses the information that you have already impute.  Not sure it is helpful or not. We think we'll just keep doing our own description and measurements and such. Its more concise.

P.s.  This is a human being. Not AI  😂

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Screenshot 2023-08-02 003609.png

LOLED so hard when I saw this

Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

b0a259609864d6392767094a31c8740c.jpg

Panda Reborn! I needed a name change and a new update on the bio

Used to be panda75654
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I can write my own glop - I used to even get paid for it.  To paraphrase A.J. Leibling - I could write as well as anyone who had to write as fast.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I am not sure many eBay customers really want the expanded “J Peterman” script when they shop. Just the facts 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Some of those J Peterman descriptions...one had a woman feeding a chocolate bar to a deer (but she had 'slender fingers' with which to break off the pieces!! so I guess that was OK). 🙄 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

It depends how you use it.  if you ask the right stuff as far as product title and product description ,   it is new out,  although several months .   Ebay needs to do something about in the pictures,  not the picture the video part of it.  Nobody should have to go to a file and upload,   it should have the capability from the mobile device.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I was going to write: it came across as robotic.  Actually, today, there are several posts on these boards that I'm positive are AI generated.  

One of the responses to thread: "International Shipping" is definitely AI generated.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I do use it for descriptions because I have carpal tunnel syndrome and can't type my own descriptions over and over.

I don't like it because all descriptions repeat over and over.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply