cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chargeback

So I had my biggest loss ever this week on ebay made possible by MP. 

A buyer purchased an item from me in mid January. He never onced asked to return or stated a problem with the item. In Late April he opens a chargeback for INAD, totally fictitious.

I was assured by anchor store CSR's I would be fine appealing the case because I was protected by seller protection and the buyer was obviously scamming.

Yesterday I get an email I lost the case and they were taking $1500 from my bank account.

I have called 3 times and spoken to 7 CSR's, mostly in MP, each telling me I have no protection because I could have sent the buyer a different item. Also, he does not have to return my item and ebay is keeping their fees.

I asked 20 years with ebay paying hundreds of thousands in fees and you cant do a thing for me, when PP would have at least made them return the item.  I was told by one MP CSR that ebay can't match what PP provided because PP is a unique situation and actually admitted moving forward I will likely lose every chargeback someone makes. They refused to give any details on the decision or why they made it just that each case is unique.   

Needless to say very demoralizing and I will have to really look to speed up my movement away from ebay. In 20 + years with PP I had 3, maybe 4 disputes which PP closed and in one case made the buyer return my item.  In 8 months in MP I have had 2, one because ebay never refunded the buyer on a cancellation the buyer requested and I refunded!  

Now out  1500 and the money I had in the item. Sux

Message 1 of 130
latest reply
129 REPLIES 129

Re: Chargeback

These are not misunderstandings by people who don’t remember a purchase these are scammers and theft.

Message 121 of 130
latest reply

No seller protection period.

Message 122 of 130
latest reply

They won’t review anything they do not care. 

Message 123 of 130
latest reply

I got my first chargeback about a week ago after 23 years on Ebay (part time seller)

I don't usually sell expensive items but I needed some extra cash so I decided to try my odds lol That's what it feels like...a crap shoot. I paid to insure package added signature confirmation through UPS and told the buyer about these add ons (my first mistake?)

I gave instructions not to accept or sign for package if it was damaged (open box in front of driver and take pictures of everything before you accept if it looks questionable)

I was told by buyer the item arrived, they mentioned how great my packaging was but unfortunately the item was damaged and how do they go about getting the insurance check?

**bleep**!

I asked why they signed off on a damaged package when I told them to be careful not to.

They said UPS never knocked, never made them sign and just threw the box on the porch and left.

You have got to be kidding!

UPS shows up at their house and confirms that they damaged the item in shipping.

I tell the buyer the Insurance claim will be paid to me as per UPS policy.

Buyer opens a return on Ebay

I tell them to go ahead and ship it back & I'll refund.

They proceed to tell me that they can't because UPS took the damaged item when they did the inspection.

**bleep**!

I contact UPS and ask why the item was taken but they assure me the item was left with buyer. I ask them why they never had them sign a signature verification form. They say they did. I ask them to send me copies of these forms.

I attach them in Ebay messenger and ask buyer why they lied about these two tiny details? They say they don't care about my paperwork because they don't have the item.

I tell them, well your problem is with UPS then, not me. I need my item back for you to be refunded.

I kindly find the correct department and phone# for this person to and try to locate the item within the UPS

system.

They close the refund on Ebay and open a chargeback

Leaves me negative feedback calling me a scammer lol

I have spend hours, days, trying to learn how this stuff works and figure out what my odds are in this new chargeback crap shoot.

Ebay wasn't all that helpful anytime I called, conflicting advice etc.

Finally I decide it's the principal of the matter.

I have two forms of evidence that they lied and UPS can back me up on that. Will they be contacted (who knows).  I have Ebay behind me......hahahaha

I got my evidence together and pushed the dispute chargeback button.

2.4 jpeg dispute rebuttal sent and now I wait...

What's my odds guys?

Message 124 of 130
latest reply

btw I meant to add that I gave them the info about locating the item at UPS because I thought they would quickly try to get it returned to them so they could get their full refund from me but they didn't like that idea I guess.

Message 125 of 130
latest reply

I also failed to mention that when I went to buy the label & insurance I was only covered for $999 and not the the full price of listing sale $1400 Apparently that's all UPS will cover in new policy. I knew there was a way to add more through a 3rd party insurer but I just couldn't be bothered???? It will be fine, don't worry, I remember saying to myself...

I've sent the UPS forms in but claim hasn't been paid out yet.

Message 126 of 130
latest reply

Similar situation with a chargeback. The buyer started a return with ebay which was fine with me because I accept returns on all items I sell. The only difference is that he made the claim the item was not according to description and I had to provide him a shipping label, which I did. He did not use that label but claimed that he sent it out on his own. He then filed a chargeback and the ebay return was closed. Ebay told me they have a very efficient team that will respond to the chargeback and I will win. I asked them if I could respond to the chargeback because I have done that before with other situations and won. I have no idea what ebay wrote in response to the chargeback. They don't let us know, and from speaking to one rep it was clear they accept that the seller loses every chargeback except when the buyer claims non-delivery and the seller has tracking information to prove it.

Message 127 of 130
latest reply

You may want to review the recent eBay policy regarding chargebacks to see if you have any recourse. The one thing I found ironic about the policy is they allow the seller to submit photographs and video's in response to NAD chargebacks which is something they don't allow for eBay NAD cases. As to whether they stand behind this or it's all a bunch of hot air remains to be seen. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/handling-payment-disputes?id=4799 

Message 128 of 130
latest reply

eBay won't even back you if you have proof of delivery in some cases.  I had a "0" feedback buyer buy a high value item from me.  Turned out it was a freight forwarding address and buyer was overseas.  even though I had proof of delivery to that address and signature and a recorded weight of package showing it was not empty, the buyer was able to open a charge back for INAD and eBay took the money from my account when the financial institution found in buyer's favor.  Come on eBay.....if you don't back your top rated power sellers of over 24 years, which sellers do you protect??

Message 129 of 130
latest reply

Evidence upload being restricted to an image and no explanation is ridiculous.   

Message 130 of 130
latest reply