cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to Creating New Listing - no more option to add Handling Fee to calculated shipping?

Perhaps I just can't find the option?

Yes, I realize I can just up the asking price, it's just that I'm used to adding a nominal handling fee to listings only when I expect the selling price to be high enough that I'd want to add on extra insurance (seems tidy to collect all shipping costs together 

Other changes too, unable to see actual html code (although I found that if I added codes, they do work). 

Good news is that I am again able to find newly created drafts! Yay for that! (been having to work around that problem by going to "Sellers Hub" (or something like that. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Changes to Creating New Listing - no more option to add Handling Fee to calculated shipping?

It appears the eBay now has a "new and improved" listing tool BUT on my screen there is an option to revert to the classic view which does show the handling option.

Additionally if I use "sell similar" from an older existing listing I get the handling option.

This is what I get from the classic page.

handling.jpg

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@goaldeelocks wrote:

Yes, I realize I can just up the asking price, it's just that I'm used to adding a nominal handling fee to listings only when I expect the selling price to be high enough that I'd want to add on extra insurance (seems tidy to collect all shipping costs together 

I still see it on my screen BUT only if I enter "calculated" shipping. If I enter "flat rate" then it disappears.

Other changes too, unable to see actual html code (although I found that if I added codes, they do work). 

When I get down to "item description" there are 2 tabs. One says standard (for plain text) and the other says HTML. So they are there on my screen.

Good news is that I am again able to find newly created drafts! Yay for that! (been having to work around that problem by going to "Sellers Hub" (or something like that. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@richard1rst wrote:

@goaldeelocks wrote:

I still see it on my screen BUT only if I enter "calculated" shipping. If I enter "flat rate" then it disappears.

Nope - not what I see, and I was using calculated shipping for sure. I must somehow be getting to the new listing page via some other path. I guess I'll just wait a while and it will change 🤣

When I get down to "item description" there are 2 tabs. One says standard (for plain text) and the other says HTML. So they are there on my screen.

I did see the two tabs and did select the HTML one - that did not show any html code, but DID let me enter code, which DID work. Used to show some basic code that was already there

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It appears the eBay now has a "new and improved" listing tool BUT on my screen there is an option to revert to the classic view which does show the handling option.

Additionally if I use "sell similar" from an older existing listing I get the handling option.

This is what I get from the classic page.

handling.jpg

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you @richard1rst  - I'll look for the option to switch to Classic View!
(will also take advantage of your suggestion to "sell similar" - I've done this in the past, but right now wasn't sure about all the changes with categories and item specifics and all so thought maybe better to do fresh start)

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

can you please tell me how to find "revert to classic" option.  Thanks so much.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@dthomas7 wrote:

can you please tell me how to find "revert to classic" option.  Thanks so much.

Try this. Open up a New Listing Page. In the top right corner is there something called "Revert to Classic" or something like that?

I'm on Classic and when I open a new listing page, I have "Try The New Listing Tool" up there. Yeah...uh...no thanks. Already tried it.

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Handling fee option is on the new listing page:

Click on the edit next to Delivery and you get a popup.......click on shipping cost and you get another popup that allows you to add the handling fee..........

Screenshot (232).png

The trick on the new form is to click on edit choices to show the various options. 

Screenshot (233).png

Message 8 of 8
latest reply