cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant List Anyting. Waiting Patiently for Glitch to be fixed

Added and Automatic Payment method for ebay fees and some sort of system wide glitch has me locked out from listing items. First notice said 24 hours and problem will be fixed. Now eta is 72 hours.  Missing weekend traffic 😞 Anyone else experiencing this issue? Wondering if anything else is not functioning 100%?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Cant List Anyting. Waiting Patiently for Glitch to be fixed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pantlandia wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@livadia wrote:

@mr.audio wrote:

Yes I did indeed call. ETA for fix is 72 hours. Confirmed as a site wise issue. Just wondering if others encountered any outages in the last few days.

Thanks

Interesting. I just listed a few things without any problems.  Well, none that I know of, anyway.  😉

I wouldn't count on it. You must've been able to list an item prior to eBay not allowing everyone, myself included, to list out future items for sale. If you'd still be able to do so, then you must've done it outside of the US.

I've been listing stuff on two different accounts all day. Also, don't believe customer service when they say it's a site wide issue. I guarantee that there has been listing going or these forums would have exploded. 

An yet mr. audio and I have been unable to list out items at all because of the error that will never disappear as a result of the 4-digit PIN not being sent to my phone.

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems no one has the solution for OP's issue. I'm on the same boat as there are some sellers like us unable to list items because of the "24 hour" lock error. I even called eBay and said that said error is hard to get rid of, no matter what.
Message 17 of 27
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@pantlandia wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@livadia wrote:

@mr.audio wrote:

Yes I did indeed call. ETA for fix is 72 hours. Confirmed as a site wise issue. Just wondering if others encountered any outages in the last few days.

Thanks

Interesting. I just listed a few things without any problems.  Well, none that I know of, anyway.  😉

I wouldn't count on it. You must've been able to list an item prior to eBay not allowing everyone, myself included, to list out future items for sale. If you'd still be able to do so, then you must've done it outside of the US.

I've been listing stuff on two different accounts all day. Also, don't believe customer service when they say it's a site wide issue. I guarantee that there has been listing going or these forums would have exploded. 

An yet mr. audio and I have been unable to list out items at all because of the error that will never disappear as a result of the 4-digit PIN not being sent to my phone.

Again, not a 'site wide' error. 'Site wide' means the whole entire site is affected, not just a smaller percentage. So, what I said previous still stands...

Oh, and I listed 70 items today, so...not site wide.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

To clarify my question I am wondering if any others that have added an automatic payment method are having problems listing or if any other glitches are giving people problems????? I still cant list as of 9:17 AM Monday  

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

You haven't provided us solution for us being able to list when the site is not allowing us to. If you're able to list items without issues, how come we're struggling through the error? You haven't provided us a bit of explanation the cause of us being unable to list items like you and everyone else.

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

You haven't provided us solution for us being able to list when the site is not allowing us to. If you're able to list items without issues, how come we're struggling through the error? You haven't provided us a bit of explanation the cause of us being unable to list items like you and everyone else.

I don't know your computer specs. I don't know what internet you use. I don't know what browsers and what browser version you're using. I don't know what type of firewall you have set up. I don't know if you are wired or wireless. I don't know what router/modem you use. I don't know any of your ISP settings. 

Mainly, I don't work for eBay. Why would I even attempt to offer a solution. There are 100 different variables. I was simply correcting your insistence of it being a site-wide issue, when it's clearly not.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

The cause was was ebay suddenly requiring an automatic payment method which I noted in the original post. Once I tried to update I was locked out from listing. For some reason the system would accept any payment information hence the "glitch. A call today to ebay solved my issue. I had to log into a non us site to update my profile. US site is still stuck. 

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

@mr.audio wrote:

The cause was was ebay suddenly requiring an automatic payment method which I noted in the original post. Once I tried to update I was locked out from listing. For some reason the system would accept any payment information hence the "glitch. A call today to ebay solved my issue. I had to log into a non us site to update my profile. US site is still stuck. 

I'm glad you were able to get this resolved. Best of luck to you. Did they do anything on their end or did you just have to log in through a different eBay site to get it to work?

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

No fix on ebay.com (US site) to my knowledge. I logged into ebay.ca to resolve the issue. Still wondering if any other bugs are floating around on the US site.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

The last time I had to do the add a payment method it wouldn't work and I just called in and the rep took care of it while was on the phone.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mr.audio wrote:

No fix on ebay.com (US site) to my knowledge. I logged into ebay.ca to resolve the issue. Still wondering if any other bugs are floating around on the US site.

Tried the Canada eBay like you did yet the 24-hour lock error still lingers. This is getting ridiculous, can't really sell items at all, no matter what eBay site I go to so its not just the US site.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

found out a fix that worked for me, go to my settigs, change your automatic payment method and it should work

Message 27 of 27
latest reply