cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you correct late shipment errors?

Before when I used auction style listings, I would hold bidder's winnings until they were done. I also have held winnings until they wanted them shipped at a future date. Can I remove these late shipments? If so, how?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I don't think so.

When the status changed to 'paid' you are supposed to ship within the handling time on the listing.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

No you can't.  If a buyer has not paid, you are fine to hold the item or items until the buyer is finished and then bill them for the items.

Your shipping terms stated on your listings START when the buyer pays.  You need to ship within your stated shipping time no matter if the buyer asks you to hold until a later date for whatever reason they have.

You need to explain to them that you are required by Ebay to ship within your stated handling time once payment has been submitted by your buyer.

If you have allowed this to get away from you, you could significantly hurt the health of your Selling account.  Have you fallen Below Standard yet per the Ebay evaluation?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Late shipment does not cause a seller to go below standard.  A high rate can change their status from trs to above standard but not to below standard.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

As the seller, you NEED to ship within your handling time. If a buyer wants something "held" they need to arrange some sort of free mail hold with the USPS, not you.  Even if it doesn't affect you now, you are opening yourself up for INR claims

Message 5 of 5
latest reply