cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit eBay description

I listed an item with quantity two, and then one of them is sold by Best Offer.  This item had Similar Items link in the description to a similar item with different color.  Tried in vain to delete Similar Items, not working.  Looks fine on Preview yet stays in on Update.  

I tried quite a few times, even went as far as inserting my own HTML for the entire description with the same results.  The link to Similar Items is  still there, but a small consolation is that the buyers cannot purchase item it links to because it's Sold Out.  smh

Any ideas are welcome
https://www.ebay.com/itm/255145949568 

Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I am experiencing the same. I just spoke with eBay's Technical issues rep. and he told me that there had been reports about updating the item description but not being saved. He told me to allow 24-48 hours to investigate further and resolve this, so hopefully, it gets fixed asap.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I am experiencing the same. I just spoke with eBay's Technical issues rep. and he told me that there had been reports about updating the item description but not being saved. He told me to allow 24-48 hours to investigate further and resolve this, so hopefully, it gets fixed asap.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for taking  the time to reply.  It appears that October was a National Glitch Month lol. It's getting better now and I am able to edit the descriptions. 

Thanks again

Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I am facing the same problem right now. I just want to update an image link from the description and the edit area is only white and i can't edit anything, it is also unselectable.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Same issue here, can't edit the description when revising the listing, I tried on both desktop safari and the mobile app

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

can you please suggest how do you fixed that .i am also having same issue .not able to edit description.getting 204.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I have same problem, I type my description, try to save, my script disappears  and message appears asking for description. I tried using the ebay description but same thing happens. I looked for a way to contact a person at ebay who might listen and get someone who can solve it involved but nothing.  Are there any real people left at ebay? Is AI finally in charge at ebay with digital assistant who cannot help just weird suggestions. Community experts who only suggest solutions by substitution. Where are the real experts? I am wasting too much time now so will have let it go until it is fixed or another auction provider takes over. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@winwiper 

This thread is over 2 years old. It is doubtful the OP will reply.  Should you have any concerns or issues it's always a good idea to open your own thread to get the help and advice you need.  

Happy New Year. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply