cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create variations?

I tried to create a variation listing and it keeps freezing!  I actually tried using one of my own that has variations, like soccer cards, didn't work, then tried other cards, then tried, Firefox instead of Chrome, then even dusted off IE. No go, so tried to create one from scratch, same issue, I get a message "this page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources," so not sure if it's just me or other people having issues!

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Can't create variations?

Having the same problem. I can't revise any variation listings because when I click on the Edit Variations link, it goes to a blank page, and I get that 'page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources'.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Can't create variations?

Glad to see that I am not the only one having the this problem. Of course talking to customer service help not at all.  

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Can't create variations?

We are having the same exact issue, have tried multiple browsers with no success.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Can't create variations?

Could this be an Ebay ending the ability to use Variation listings for sports cards-- trading card listings. All those who have responded here sell cards.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Can't create variations?

Same issue... Trying on sportscards cat. can't edit qty/price.  Purchases also aren't reducing  from available qty. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Can't create variations?

I just tried a listing for cards, changed the category to clothes, and didn't have the issue.  I think this may be a sports card issue.  Which sucks, because there was never an announcement made, and customer support said nothing about it yesterday on the phone.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Can't create variations?

@hollyd7770 wrote:
Could this be an Ebay ending the ability to use Variation listings for sports cards-- trading card listings. All those who have responded here sell cards.

I also believe this. Cards are not considered to be 'variation' listings that I am aware of. They can be sold as  lots (a group), or individually.  I currently have 127 individual listings for sports cards active and will be posting another 100 or so shortly - yes, one by one. When I called about listing as a variation - I was told that would be called a 'choice' listing, and that is prohibited.  So, I also think that option has been removed from that category.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Can't create variations?

Well than EBAY needs to say something as a LOT of sportscards sellers use that setup.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Can't create variations?

Chnaged my catagory also and was able to revise.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Can't create variations?

I also noticed purchases that were made since this happened weren't being subtracted from the available qty. Had to cancel a bunch of listings. Huge waste of time and frustration. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Can't create variations?

Well at the begining eBay didn't have variation in sports cards, they actually added it as I used to use other catagories.  They are variations in that every card is a different player.  I sell a ton of cards for $1, so having 500,000 single listing for $1 seems like it would flood the market! 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Can't create variations?

But they seem to longer allow variations in sportscard.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Can't create variations?

I'm having the same issue as of the last 3 days, can't revise multi-variation cards. This is absolutely essential for me, to have multi-variation option on this item, and so many other sellers do as well. If I can no longer list cards in multi-variation format, I will no longer be able to sell on ebay. I don't understand why it would be a problem for ebay to allow it for sports cards. Quantity/variety is key to selling sports cards and most are priced at 99 cents each. Listing individually does not generate enough sales to justify the cost of any tier level store.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Can't create variations?

It seems to be a glitch related to sportcards. There is a way around it, in case they are phasing them out I will not share the "shortcut" to continue using it. The fact is if variations is not allowed in a category you will not be able to use variations and Ebay lets you know up front. The issue here is new listings or adjusting listings. If you are listing until canceled, they are relisting properly removing sold items on the items I double checked.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply