cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Make A One-Time Payment With My Credit Card

Every time I try to make a one-time payment with my credit card I get an error message 'we ran into a problem please try again later' I've tried three different browsers and I know my card is fine, I don't want to pay the full balance I owe, only what is due this month.  I don't have the money in my PayPal account due to a medical emergency and I can't afford to pay them the full balance, only what is due on the 15th. I've always paid this way but now that they have this new form I just can't get it to work. 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

the charge will default to PayPal and will then bill your credit card if on file and linked. Do NOT try to transfer the amount yourself because PayPal will deduct the amount anyway and you end up paying double.
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

@kaybrand769 wrote:

Every time I try to make a one-time payment with my credit card I get an error message 'we ran into a problem please try again later' I've tried three different browsers and I know my card is fine, I don't want to pay the full balance I owe, only what is due this month.  I don't have the money in my PayPal account due to a medical emergency and I can't afford to pay them the full balance, only what is due on the 15th. I've always paid this way but now that they have this new form I just can't get it to work. 

I'm sure I undertand.

You say you only want to pay "what I owe this month". 

What else do you owe?

Do you have past invoices that you never paid?

Or are you talking about the future activity that is "not yet invoiced"?  

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

my account is current, I have future charges not yet due, so I just want to pay what is due now.
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

I had the same issue yesterday. I called into CS it's a known issue. They told me to change the fee payment setting from PayPal to credit card

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

See this weeks Weekly Chat.  This issue was discussed and the resolution to the problem.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-July-10-1-00-pm-PT-General-...

The dollar value on the screen just before you submit your payment should be changeable.  Just change it to the amount you want to pay.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

I am having the same problem...no matter which link I take to make a one time payment, it takes me to the screen where it wants to pay the complete total....you cannot remove or change the numbers...I like paying my fees weekly like I have been for the last 10 years, so as not to have a HUGE bill at the beginning of each month...I heard about the bug, but its STILL BROKE

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

I have tried that I am able to change the amount but I still get the error message when I enter my cc info and click done it pops up 'we ran into a problem please try again later' My card is fine, I have double checked my balance to make sure. In fact, I have tried two different cards. And three browsers. 

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

I was able to change the amount, I had to highlight it and click "delete" but whenever I enter my card info I still get the error message so I don't know what's wrong. I wish they'd go back to the old form, if it isn't broken don't fix it! 

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

I've never used PayPal as an automatic payment method, I have always paid by entering my cc info on the one-time payment every month. But now it won't work.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@kaybrand769 wrote:

I was able to change the amount, I had to highlight it and click "delete" but whenever I enter my card info I still get the error message so I don't know what's wrong. I wish they'd go back to the old form, if it isn't broken don't fix it! 

I was able to make a one time payment a few hours ago so the new layout is working correctly.  I understand you are sure your card is fine and I will also assume you are 100% sure you are entering the numbers correctly.

If this is a new card you have not used before to pay your eBay fees, you probably have to put it on file.  Look right above the make a one time payment and see where it tells you what card you have on file to make these payments.  You might need to change the card eBay has defaulted? 

Good Luck Selling!

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

It's the same card I always use, nothing has changed with it, and it was typed correctly, I did try multiple times, issuer says it's fine and I even made a small purchase elsewhere tonight without any problems

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

I forgot to add - I also tried on my phone and I have tried both my credit cards, and yes both cards are fine, money is available on them, and the numbers were typed correctly.  If I can't find a fix for this I'm scared I won't be able to sell anymore.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

That doesn't work either!
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

The payment amount can be altered on the blue line to whatever you want it to be. Change the amount 1st and then choose the way you wish to pay. (see highlighted)

zzz.PNG

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 15 of 21
latest reply