cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer view details of SOLD items

Almost daily, I review my bookmarked searches for new items as well as sold searches for things I may have missed.  Sometimes there are more items included in a listing than are noted in the title or shown in the first photo and sometimes details of missing items or damage are given that help explain why an item sold for as little or as much as it did.

Tonight in going through my searches, I find I cannot view individual completed listings.  When I try, I get a new page that says, "The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you," and it shows me something different.  Of course the "simiar" item is never even close to what I wanted to see.

This has not happened prior to today, so I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this.  Has there been some permanent change?  Does ebay now feel threatened by sellers' ability to look at a sold item (which would seem the most plausible, knowing how paranoid they are)?  Thanks for any responses or insights.

Message 1 of 111
latest reply
110 REPLIES 110

Re: Can no longer view details of SOLD items

And, once again...  This ebay move [from this side of the fence] makes absolutely no sense, what-so-ever.  The sold items can still be pulled up under the completed/sold listings search, so what is ebay gaining? And, in true ebay fashion,  the "similar" items spiel is by genre, which is pretty much a useless apples/oranges venture..

Message 16 of 111
latest reply

It seems to be most prevalent in certain categories - I sell DVD's (among other things), and I can no longer access my own original DVD listings after they sell.  I like to double-check the listing to make sure I am sending exactly what I described (condition, inserts, etc.).  Now I can no longer do that.  The "listing" in the top does not click for me, and it says "This ITEM is no longer available," while giving the other available options.  Also, in the DVD category, a search for SOLD items brings up my own listing, but clicking on it does not give me access to my own details.

In other categories, I can still access the orignal listing.

Message 17 of 111
latest reply

@lintbrush* wrote:

@jpgranton

I saw that very late last night and then figured it out.

The word "listing" in the The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you  is clickable and will take you to the actual sold item

It's absolutely ridiculous.  If I'm looking at a Sold item, I want to see a Sold item.  

OHHH, Now I see - what you mean is that we have to actually click the word "listing" in that first sentence (I didn't notice that it was actually a link). Very tricky! Thank you for solving this for me - was going crazy trying to research sold items in order to price some that I want to sell. Jeez!

I guess eBay is just thinking to help Buyers and not those of us wanting to research details of sold items. But even Buyers would want to be able to compare details and condition of previously sold items to get an idea of what they should pay for currently listed items.

Thank you @lintbrush*

Message 18 of 111
latest reply

It seems to be wonky.  I was looking for some laserdiscs to compare in the ended listings.  Some of them I could see, others I couldnt.  Totally random.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 19 of 111
latest reply

Oh my....thank you!!! Your suggestion works perfectly.

Message 20 of 111
latest reply

I called eBay today as I am experiencing the same issue and was told that they are aware, that it is a global glitch and that they are working on it.  I guess that’s better than saying it’s a permanent change. Let’s hope they resolve it as soon as possible. 

Message 21 of 111
latest reply

When an eBay CSR says "it's a glitch and we're working on it" you can be fairly sure that's an outright falsehood.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 22 of 111
latest reply

I can just see it now.......

Hey Mr Idiot seller,

The item you have listed is greatly overpriced. I checked comperables and see that someone had it listed for $20 and it didn't sell. Where do you get off ripping me off by trying to charge $75?

The reality, that listing for the $20 item was damaged and the seller only mentioned the giant chip in the body of the listing and that can't be viewed now........

Thanks eBay, a race to the bottom.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 23 of 111
latest reply

It is incredibly stupid and pointless, but the programmers at eBay have to give themselves something to do, so they can keep their jobs.  Thanks for the tip, though.

Message 24 of 111
latest reply

STEP 1: Search sold listings, click 1 for item for details...
Get a page (load ads) with a suggested current listing (seller can no longer rely on "views" for any relevant information)
STEP 2 Search for the well hidden "listing" hyperlink, Click 2
STEP 3 (while ads & sponsored links are loading) Click 3 for listing details
Finally have reached your destination (more ads & sponsored links are loading)
It's like reading an article that requires you view in 12 page increments. I doubt buyers really want to work this hard (not so sure sellers do either)
Message 25 of 111
latest reply

I'm totally sure people will do that.

Or there's another way.

Take all your eBay merchandise. Line it up out back and have some fun with target practice.

eBay should be working with the sellers, not against them.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 26 of 111
latest reply

@cbx6 wrote:

I noticed this change today as well.  It took a while to figure out that you can click on the word 'listing' to reach the original item.

This is another classic case of obnoxious Ebay programming - they will waste a million users' time with a (really stupidly matched) "similar item" just to make a few extra sales.  This is called SPAM - everyone hates it in all forms, including this, but Ebay clearly does not care. 

It is called desperation.  Ebay is desperate to show any kind of growth and have pulled out all the stops no matter how annoying they are to the buyer or the seller.  But when they don't meet their 2nd Quarter numbers, somehow it will wind up being the sellers fault for this, as Ebay feels they are giving us top quality changes that should make all of our lives so much easier.  

But in reality all they are doing is adding addtional clicks on the mouse so that people get frustrated and go to their competition to make the purchase.

Message 27 of 111
latest reply

Any response on Twitter? This is so aggravating and is not helping my research to put up new listings...
Message 28 of 111
latest reply

Looks like this is global - what a massive pain! Probably even worse than all the random results under Saved searches that now appear!

Message 29 of 111
latest reply

@dexter-ward wrote:

Looks like this is global - what a massive pain! Probably even worse than all the random results under Saved searches that now appear!

Saved searches work fine for me.  Not 100% as I would like them but I do not see random results.

Message 30 of 111
latest reply