cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer get rid of "best offer" on listing?

After receiving no offers, I thought I'd lower the price and get rid of "best offer.  This means I won't be lowering my price.  eBay thinks they know everything.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Hopefully, you are using the advanced/business listing form and not the quick/easy listing form.  ebay will automatically add Best Offer if you are using the quick/easy listing form.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I always use advanced.  I like to OCCASIONALLY add best offer, but now it seems we can't get rid of it if we add it.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

One thing eBay DOESN'T know is the price you're willing to sell for.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Friend of mine who had best offer told me ebay automatically input a reject price! He was wondering why he never saw the offer come through for him to reply to until the buyer notified him of his offer. I'm flabbergasted by this! They are taking way to much control over seller's listings. Automatically inputting best offer and now the rejection price! Not sure if it was also the same for acceptance.....which would really be bad!!

I've found that even when I don't have best offer in a listing, ebay is automatically inputting it when I relist the item! I have to manually remove it on the listings. Not good.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@disneyshopper wrote:

Hopefully, you are using the advanced/business listing form and not the quick/easy listing form.  ebay will automatically add Best Offer if you are using the quick/easy listing form.

Not anymore. In this post trinton@ebay said, "This feature is not dependent on the tool used to list the item, but instead is rooted in if the seller is identified as new or occasional."

@tamaralea, there's nothing you can do about it unless eBay changes the way they classify you as a seller. I looked at the amount of listings and sales and on the account you're posting from it looks like eBay would consider you an "occasional" seller based on volume.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I have been able to list without "best offer", but when I changed a listing, adding "best offer", I find that I cannot change it back.  I believe I will have to end the listing to get rid of of it.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@tamaralea 

I'm able to add or delete OBO at any time... without ending and relisting. Wonder what's up with yours?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I'm probably in some test group.  I don't like it.  I don't want to lower the price AND keep "best offer".

Message 9 of 9
latest reply