cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can eBay stop fooling with the email subject lines????!!!1

We have a main email address for everything with our company and have certain emails forwarded to our ebay person based on key words in the subject.

For a long time, I could just use the words "sold" "offer" "ended" "question about", "relist"

But I just got an email today that "XXXXXX... didn’t sell at $159.99. Let’s give it another try."

I thought it was a "offer expired" email and just about deleted it, and decided to open it and found I needed to relist the item.

Anyone else annoyed by this?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Can eBay stop fooling with the email subject lines????!!!1

No not that particularly but I don’t need the multiple daily emails telling me they found items that they just know I’d love and not one is anything near what I’ve bought or searched for. The “your item has a bid”was kind of annoying at first. My issue with these is why they’re taking the time to send worthless emails, they could be focusing on the real issues they’re having. N for the love of Buddha STOP with the changes reminiscent of the river! U two are totally different platforms. In fact, I remember the days when ebay was a power player and the river was a little guy. You cannot and should not compete
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Sure, me too.

I need email subjects and/or from addresses to stay static for internal email filtering and sorting.

Having said that, and now that we've shown eBay we are annoyed......... They don't care if the two of us squeak - only if billion and billions of users complain or it gets serious media attention.

They change things because some eBay people are tweaking things to appeal to demographic ____________ (fill in the blank), and that it will result in mo money for eBay somehow. They never seem to get that they alienate a lot of people with these stupid changes, that constant change isn't always for the better, but would have to assume they have numbers showing we are a minority and that the money lies thataway (or they don't have numbers and are as disorganized and __________ as I'm beginning to suspect.)

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

its so wasteful

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I find it infuriating. I use the subject line to identify the items that need relisting. They've cut off so much of the listing title that now I have to go into the actual email to see which item it is. They've replaced the information I need with the useless verbiage "Let’s give it another try." How annoying!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@afflv702 wrote:
No not that particularly but I don’t need the multiple daily emails telling me they found items that they just know I’d love and not one is anything near what I’ve bought or searched for. The “your item has a bid”was kind of annoying at first. My issue with these is why they’re taking the time to send worthless emails, they could be focusing on the real issues they’re having. N for the love of Buddha STOP with the changes reminiscent of the river! U two are totally different platforms. In fact, I remember the days when ebay was a power player and the river was a little guy. You cannot and should not compete

@afflv702 wrote:

I know what you mean; items chosen especially for me and they are nothing I would even remotely even consider thinking of buying.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@afflv702 wrote:
Couldn't agree more.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

The majority of mail from eBay could rightly be called Spam

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I hate the newest wording and seeing my email filled with "Sorry" your item didn't sell. Is this ebay trying to be sensitive?

You have to open the email to find out what item didn't sell!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

The "Sorry, your item didn't sell" is much better that the latest ones I've been getting ...

"How badly do you want to sell (....name of item)." 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I deliberately opted out of receiving the emails they send when you list and when it ends unsold.

All I want are the SOLD ones.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 11 of 11
latest reply