cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone tell me what this item is?

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what this item is, what it might belong to, or what it is used for?

It's a slightly pearly gray plastic, with a chrome convex stationary "button" molded into the top, and a little long metal zipper-pull-looking-thingy stuck out the side that also doesn't move. Only markings are on back that state "CHINA KO".

Photobucket
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Can anyone tell me what this item is?

No, it doesn't. NOTHING moves on it at all!

It appears as though the back is inlaid/snapped into the front piece, but I tried taking a razor to it to attempt to pry it open, but I can't...it won't open and I'm afraid to break it in case it's something important.

I wasn't looking to sell it, I was just hoping that the knowledgeable people here on eBay could tell me what the darn thing is! I've never seen anything like it before in my life 🙂  

Photobucket
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Wait, what!?!? LOL I have daughters, no boys, however I did have my 11 yr old Nephew stay here for a weekend a few months ago......are you serious!? Does this belong to an action figure!?!? 

Photobucket
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

@ariesangel wrote:

Wait, what!?!? LOL I have daughters, no boys, however I did have my 11 yr old Nephew stay here for a weekend a few months ago......are you serious!? Does this belong to an action figure!?!? 

I think he's yanking your chain.. Smiley Wink

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

@ariesangel wrote:

they might know what it is, ask them if it's theirs. 

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Yeah, I'm yanking your chain.  🙂

But I suppose it could be a piece of a toy, so if that turns out to be it, I should get the check-mark, right, since I put you onto that idea?  *LOL*

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

@ariesangel wrote:

Oh! Duh! lol I'm sorry, I guess measurements would help! it's approximately 3.25" long and 1.25" wide, and the little metal zipper-pull-looking-thingy on the side is 3/4" long.

What is a "Keyless Access System FOB"? 

Thank you for your help! 

More commonly referred to as an "RFID Tag," nearly all of which would have a unique numeric or alphanumeric code stamped into it somewhere, and I don't see that on there so I'm not sure that's what it is.

That sharp-looking metal projection on the side would suggest that it's something else, and not part of a toy for the obvious injury hazard. I would guess part of a tool, but unfortunately I can't guess what sort of tool would have something like that with it.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

IMHO, the business end of that metal tip sticking out does look like it's supposed to attach to a zipper, and the fact that it was found in a couch does suggest that it came off a piece of clothing. 

That said, I would also agree that its right-angle design doesn't make a whole lot of sense as a zipper pull, since the most convenient way of holding it seems like it would be at right angles to the direction that you would need to pull.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Looks like some type of lever switch. The silver part would plug into something and pushing and pulling the switch would turn it on or off. Just a guess.
Message 23 of 23
latest reply