cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone here translate a bit of Japanese?

Can anyone translate Japanese?   I posted this on the jewelry board and haven't gotten any responses, so thought I would put a tickler here in the selling forum.   You can find a link here .   Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can anyone here translate a bit of Japanese?

Hey there, I actually do speak Japanese! The one caveat is that handwriting can be difficult to read, but I'll do my best...

First off, the brand is Terauchi rather than Taguichi. Terauchi is a well-known jewelry store in Kyoto and I BELIEVE they make their own jewelry, so it might very well be both.

The reverse of the tag actually isn't talking about the silver at all, but about the pearls-- it says they're real natural pearls.

The warranty describes it as an "SL Pearl T.K set," it appears, if that is any help! I'm wondering if the "T.K" is meant to stand for "tie clip," because that's certainly what it looks like it is.

Hope that helps a little!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

DeepL Is a really good translation tool

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@whitewaterford 

I apologize,  I did see that on the jewelry board and never got back with you. I'll tag a poster @argon38 that's pretty good at translations as I only speak jive, lol.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

This is what google lens translates it to

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hey there, I actually do speak Japanese! The one caveat is that handwriting can be difficult to read, but I'll do my best...

First off, the brand is Terauchi rather than Taguichi. Terauchi is a well-known jewelry store in Kyoto and I BELIEVE they make their own jewelry, so it might very well be both.

The reverse of the tag actually isn't talking about the silver at all, but about the pearls-- it says they're real natural pearls.

The warranty describes it as an "SL Pearl T.K set," it appears, if that is any help! I'm wondering if the "T.K" is meant to stand for "tie clip," because that's certainly what it looks like it is.

Hope that helps a little!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@whitewaterford 

And thank you, didn't know @yuzuha knew Japanese but now I do. I know Argon38 peeked in but it was already answered. Glad it worked out for you!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply