cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I in my policy or in general discriminate against top rated sellers if I don't want to sell 2 em

Can I in my policy or in general discriminate against top rated sellers if I don't want to sell 2 em

because I am noticing all of the privileges that they seem to acquire are privileges that they are widely abusing unfortunately hurting the little guys I don't want to sell to them what can I do

Message 1 of 159
latest reply
158 REPLIES 158

Re: Can I in my policy or in general discriminate against top rated sellers if I don't want to sell

@pickapaper wrote:

".i have spent a good 5 hours or more on phone 5 times with customer service going in circles...telling me lies..making it up as they go...when i clearly remind them of their own policies ..present 100 % proof of my claims...and am just ignored"

You wasted those five hours speaking with customer service.  CS reps do not know what is going on, they do not know eBay policies, they are reading from a script, any information they give you is incorrect and they tell you what they think you want to hear just to get rid of you.  You would have been better off contacting eBay's Facebook page where there are some knowledgeable reps. 

@pickapaper 

That is a bit unfair.  While Ebay Customer Service has a world of space for improvement, in this specific case, the outcome is what it should have been.  The OP can not produce a policy that states the FB the buyer left broke any policy, therefore the FB was not removed.  And that is how it should be.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 46 of 159
latest reply

Re: Can I in my policy or in general discriminate against top rated sellers if I don't want to sell

@onefootflippers wrote:

@rockhounddog wrote:

how long u been top rated seller?

Both my stores have basically been top rated seller since the minute they opened. I have briefly dropped down to above standard a few times because of post office issues but I always go back to top rated as soon as the next evaluation phase comes around.

It might seem as if top rate was only big sellers or something special, but is the basic default status for any seller above the most casual level, as all it takes is 100 sales in a year adding up to $1000. Even most hobby sellers will blow past that.

OP isn't TRS.  They are claiming the buyer that left negative FB is TRS and has some perk as a buyer that is affecting these two transactions.

Message 47 of 159
latest reply

@rockhounddog wrote:

What would I do I would live in fear with every new order like I have been feeling like this person is crazy enough to do what he did who knows what kind of measures he would go to again to do it to do harm That's what and I shouldn't have to be like that.

Honestly, if that's how you feel then you aren't cut out for sales of any sort, period, because in sales you will always have some customers who are bad eggs.

I've worked B&M retail for years and I can tell you that I deal with far, far more unreasonable customers in my day job on a regular basis than I do on eBay. One of my good friends owns a B&M store and I have heard some absolutely wild customer stories from him, too. It's just part of the job-- there will ALWAYS be stupid/unreasonable/stubborn customers. Nothing you can do will eliminate them, you just have to deal with them as they come.

Message 48 of 159
latest reply

I'm a TRS for 2 stores and never take advantage of any special privileges. I'm a TRS because I don't lie to customers, have detailed descriptions, send out within a day, pack with extreme care, am courteous and thankful to my buyers. Perhaps you should strive do the same things instead of complaining.

Message 49 of 159
latest reply

@ryanrobyn wrote:

I'm a TRS for 2 stores and never take advantage of any special privileges. I'm a TRS because I don't lie to customers, have detailed descriptions, send out within a day, pack with extreme care, am courteous and thankful to my buyers. Perhaps you should strive do the same things instead of complaining.

There is the problem on this thread.  WHAT "special privileges" are you talking about?  The OP hasn't said what they are.  What are you referring too??  I'm simply trying to understand.

@ryanrobyn 

Message 50 of 159
latest reply

@ryanrobyn 

What special privileges do TRS have?

I'm curious since I hope to be one at some point, and in researching I didn't see that it would give me special privileges.

Message 51 of 159
latest reply

@adamcartwright wrote:

What special privileges do TRS have?

I'm curious since I hope to be one at some point, and in researching I didn't see that it would give me special privileges.

Preferred seating at restaurants and sporting events, and a 30% increase in gas mileage. (Highway est.)

Message 52 of 159
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@ryanrobyn wrote:

There is the problem on this thread.  WHAT "special privileges" are you talking about?  The OP hasn't said what they are.  What are you referring too??  I'm simply trying to understand.

@ryanrobyn 

I read this as "any" special privileges in the usual context of "any" being some value of 'none.'

ETA: "I go to that store all the time and I've never seen any pickled Peeps."

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 53 of 159
latest reply

@mam98031

You're right; the outcome was correct in leaving the FB as is.  I didn't word my reply very well...I was mainly trying to address the fact that OP said he made five phone calls to CS at about an hour each and indicated he knew he was getting the runaround but he continued to call anyway.   Perhaps he thought he would keep calling until he found a CS rep who would agree with him, I don't know.

Anyway, I still think calling CS on the phone is a waste of time.   In this case, five hours.

Message 54 of 159
latest reply

Stop the nonsense.

Message 55 of 159
latest reply

@pickapaper wrote:

@mam98031

You're right; the outcome was correct in leaving the FB as is.  I didn't word my reply very well...I was mainly trying to address the fact that OP said he made five phone calls to CS at about an hour each and indicated he knew he was getting the runaround but he continued to call anyway.   Perhaps he thought he would keep calling until he found a CS rep who would agree with him, I don't know.

Anyway, I still think calling CS on the phone is a waste of time.   In this case, five hours.

It is important to know and understand that when a seller gets FB like the OP did and the seller simply doesn't agree with it, they can get very passionate and persistent about contacting Ebay so they can get it removed.

Now with that said, even if the OP did spend 5 hours trying to convince Ebay to remove the FB, it wasn't removable as it does not break any rule.  That is NOT the fault of the CSRs the OP talked to, that is the fault of the OP not understanding that there just was nothing the CSR was going to be able to do to help them.  Whether they spent 5 hours of 50 hours trying to resolve the matter, the outcome was always going to be the same.  The FB will stand.

That can be a hard pill to swallow for some sellers that have convinced themselves the buyer did them dirty.  But all that seller really needs to do is come up with an Ebay policy that states what the buyer said or part of what the buyer said broke some rule.  If that is not obtainable, the outcome is as it should be.

Blaming that on Ebay CSRs is simply not fair.  They were doing their job.  The seller just didn't understand or won't accept the rules.

Message 56 of 159
latest reply

Don Knotts would be great as the guy in fear of Top Rated Sellers. Too bad he's not around anymore.

Message 57 of 159
latest reply

i was trying to get the one feedback that had the defect autoremoved from this guy...so says policy  that feedback is removed in such case..but ebay ignores this written policy..i dont understand why..or do i.

Message 58 of 159
latest reply

all meaningless in the case of some people..they still exist to be problematic no matter.we all know this

Message 59 of 159
latest reply

you are in no position to correctly judge what i should or should not be doing.

Message 60 of 159
latest reply