cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I cancel a paid (unshipped) order after I find out the buyer is a scammer?

I have an order going to a strange address that was misspelled but I managed to figure out the correct address. I looked on BBB just in case and it has multiple comments saying that address is used as a scam and that he will chargeback the purchase or say that he never received the item. Should i continue on with the shipping or cancel before anything can happen?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can I cancel a paid (unshipped) order after I find out the buyer is a scammer?

That is not proof the buyer is a scammer.

Are you saying the address on the ebay shipping label is not valid?

If so, cancel the sale. Reason: Problem with address.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Can I cancel a paid (unshipped) order after I find out the buyer is a scammer?

This one is simple.  You know for sure that he misspelled the address?  Then cancel with problem with buyer's address.   Block them. Also report to ebay to see if they currently have open claims of items not being received.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

That is not proof the buyer is a scammer.

Are you saying the address on the ebay shipping label is not valid?

If so, cancel the sale. Reason: Problem with address.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@northbaythrifts wrote:

I have an order going to a strange address that was misspelled but I managed to figure out the correct address. I looked on BBB just in case and it has multiple comments saying that address is used as a scam and that he will chargeback the purchase or say that he never received the item. Should i continue on with the shipping or cancel before anything can happen?

What part of the address was "misspelled"?

It sound like you have a forwarders address, these forwarders have thousands and thousands of client. I personally have shipped hundreds and hundreds of order to forwarders and have never been burned by any of them.

If you google eBay you'll find lots of stuff telling you that eBay is a rip off and all sellers are scammers, that's obviously not true just as random reports at BBB do not really indicate anything.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

My order was going to the same name, address, suite number mentioned in the comments. I played it safe and cancelled because of wrong address anyways

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@northbaythrifts wrote:

I looked on BBB just in case and it has multiple comments saying that address is used as a scam and that he will chargeback the purchase or say that he never received the item. Should i continue on with the shipping or cancel before anything can happen?

Thousands of people use freight forwarders and only those who get scammed register their complaints.  Also, you have sold nothing recently that would be high on the scam list.  I would just ship it.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply